Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It lives!!!!

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by tRustyK5, Sep 21, 2003.

1. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Finally got the 6.2 up and running again last night. Port matched and bowl blended intake, rebuilt injection pump from Accurate Diesel, rebuilt injectors also from Accurate.

It took a little bit of cranking to purge the air from the lines, but it was quite a bit easier than the first time I did that job.

It finally fired up and ran a little rough and surgey for about a minute before smoothing out. Runs way better than before, still smokes a little blue when cold but that cleared up pretty quickly. It blow no smoke at all once it warms up a few minutes. Previously it would sit there and chug smoke contiuously and had a rough idle.

It seems to have a noticable improvement as far as power goes. I find it runs out of gear really quick now when accelerating in second, moreso than before. Very smooth, no leaks and hopefully a slight improvement in fuel economy.

No pic's.

Oh yeah, I blew a brand new 39.5" TSL on the test drive. For the full story check the Garage. The tire had 3 miles on it and is now the perfect donor for a cool tire swing for my kids /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Rene

2. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Right on, sounds like it was worth all the work you had to do /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif And just in time too, not too long till BB. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

congrads Rene /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    allways nice when a good plan comes together