Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It Never Fails

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Hossbaby50, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Sep 1, 2001
    Anytime NASCAR comes to Phoenix the weather always gets nasty. They used to come here once a year and it always seemed to rain that weekend. Now they come twice a year and it was raining earlier tonight and the wind is howling outside. It is pretty nasty by Phoenix standards. Winds are probably 40+ MPH.

I have seen alot worse in Colorado but it is pretty ugly outside right now.

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Jul 22, 2001
    Dude , we left @ 1 pm , didn't get there until they started . Sat in rainy traffic most of the time beforehand .

Saw a cool u-turn hit and run on Litchfield and Van Buren . Guy in a hightop shoe ( think toyota ) busted a u-turn on Van Buren during the light change , and a guy in a S-10 Blazer on Litchfield in an open lane who timed the light right to not have to stop hit him . Shoe took off and Blazer chased him .

No rain during race , my fantasy drivers did well , and Jr got a top 5 :D

So after the race we get rain waiting on trams to parking lot , bad rain , lots of rain , we're in shorts waiting for almost 2 hours just to get to the truck .

Sat in the truck until 11:30 , then a couple of us figured we could cut across a small ditch and follow the barriers to the other part of the parking lot and got on the road by 12:15 .

Jack in the Box and a long drive home and I got here at 2 am :mad:

Worth it though , and OMFG the eye candy associated with Nascar Events ;)