Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It never seems to end

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by POWERMAD, Mar 5, 2004.

1. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Do ya ever get the feelin that your rig is trying to get back at you?
    Yesterday I welded the brackets on the seat and got it installed and welded in some hood braces.
    That went well, got he hood to close with one hand and not fold in the middle. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Fixed a bunch of other small stuff and was headed home and was thinking that after I get the cam swapped out I should be good to go for awhile...
    So I am drivin along and get a whiff of coolant, I look at the temp gage and it's at 190, suddenly from the defroster and dash vents a cloud of steam erupts filling the cab with steam and hot coolant starts gushing out of the bottom of the heater box.. Pretty cool at 60 MPH.
    I get off to the side and open the doors to let out the fog. Some guy stops and comes running over with a fire extinguisher. I thought that was nice of him.
    At least I have no carpet or mats and the coolant ran out the... um drain holes. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    You would think it would be gratefull with just having the heater motor replaced.
    I swear that rig has become a full time job lately.
    Mainly because every "small" job turns out to be a project.
    Like a simple heater core, may as well get rid of the evaporator and a bunch of ducting while I am at it.
    Gotta make room for the intake piping.
    It never realy ends. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

I feel your pain. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif At least it wasn't something to with the heads or something /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif! You should have a new truck by the time you get finished repairing or replacing everthing! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif.
    Bill

3. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

You didn't get burned or anything? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

my truck just likes to hurt me to get back at me for not driving for 3 years.

hit my head on the D60 input yesterday.. ouch.

every other time i stand up i cut myself on my back on the fenders... double ouch. they are small cuts, but damn deep.
    Grant

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Damn, that sucks to hear, all of my projects have been going really well for me lately. I guess I just cursed myself for this weekend. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I guess I just cursed myself for this weekend.

[/ QUOTE ] LOL
    I think that's what happened to me. I've been kinda raggin on the Ford boys at the shop with the fix or repair daily routine.
    Now I'm cursed, my rig thinks it's a Ford.
    Hmm.... maybe if I paint all the Ford parts on it Chevy orange it will be kinda like an exorcisim. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    BTW allen wrenches and vice grips make a good hose pinch off tool. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif