Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It runs again!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, May 4, 2006.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

It fired right up today. Ran it to try and break in the rings... then it ran out of gas and noticed oil was pouring out. Stupid gasket on the oil filter adapter didn't re-seal. So since they don't sell just the gasket had to go buy a new kit for $20 to just get the gasket... install it two times to get it right, added gas, then finally started it and ran it for a while and made a few adjustments. Besides the battery bubbling water out, everything seems to be ok. I forgot how much I missed the sound of that Erson noisy gear drive.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

you and those gear drives. glad to hear its running and hopefully it runs great next weekend

3. mountainexplorer

At least I was nice to my neighbors and corked the exhaust dumps and bolted the exhaust system up to it. I'm sure half the neighborhood was wondering what that loud whining noise was eminating from my driveway.

Now you gotta figure out a way to get to Moyie! You can't bail on us... though I know your rear 10 bolt spider gears going bad wasn't in your plans either.

Tonight I got the 39.5" Boggers mounted up on the 12" wide rims and got 2 on the back. Tomorrow nights I'll get the nose clip on and bolt up the front two, then my only setback is the front Dana 60 stud holes that I screwed up.

4. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Did i ever mentio that your my hero mountainexplorer(i mean alan.) Well you are dude! inspiring mucho did you get that coupler fixed?

5. mountainexplorer

No, the truck with the broke coupler sleeve is still sitting where I towed it to the day it broke... out at the north end of the field. I'll get to it in June sometime.

Hopefully I'll have some good pictures/video after next weekend. And I really hope I don't spin any bearings, cause this year if I do, I'm loading it on the trailer and watching the rest of the weekend.

I will have to listen to the two voices in my head as I stare at the start of the mud pit... "Go easy on it" and "Don't idle through- there's people watching you- show off!" and make sure I listen to the "Go easy on it" voice. Cause I'll have to remember... if I hit almost 7 grand on my first 7 runs, I most likely won't be making any more runs at all.

6. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

A gear drive? I'm jealous.:laugh: Those have sweet sound to them.

7. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

I'm going to be adding a gear drive to my 350 soon. Any tips for me?
    Thanks
    Adam

8. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Do I have tips? Um....Have someone with experience in working on motors help you, or have a good book. I know nothing. :crazy: Just a fan of the gear drive sound.