Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

IT"S FINALLY DONE!!!!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jcg, Jul 29, 2000.

1. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

IT\"S FINALLY DONE!!!!!!!

I got my jimmy back from the body shop today! [​IMG] After 3 months off the road and 3 weeks in the shop it's done, well almost. It still needs paint but that will have to wait until I get back from my vacation in the Thousand Islands this week. I tried to get some pics today but I've been too busy putting the stereo and interior back in and packing for my much needed fishing trip. I can't believe what a difference there is now, I thought something was wrong with it when I left the shop because I couldn't hear the exhaust or the road noise. It took me a minute to realize that was becuase there's actually a floor in it now! The only thing I don't like is that it's a 91 so it has those annoying security bolts on the hard top. I was looking forward to going topless in the islands this week but it looks like I can't [​IMG] Unless I can find one of the bits while I'm up there. Well, back to packing... It feels so good to be driving the K5 again [​IMG] I'll be back next weekend, talk to you guys later.

Joe
    Rochester Institute of Technology Team Mini-Baja
    88 Jimmy

2. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

Re: IT\"S FINALLY DONE!!!!!!!

i understand, my first K5 was a 1990, and it was sent to the shop to get painted. when i took it to the guy on a Thursday, he said it would be finished by the next Wednesday.....10 weeks later i got it back! it was worth it though because the paint was sweet, and i sold it for twice as much as i had in it! i bought an 84K5 after i sold it, for half as much, and it is one of the nicest 84's around. now with a 4" lift and 33's, i'm happier than ever. sorry to go on, but i know how it feels to have K5 withdrawals.
    Kelboski