Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It snowed here today and something wierd happened

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Redfrog, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

Ok, this morning I woke up and it had snowed about 3 inches or so. So I hop in the trusty plow truck and out I go to plow parking lots and such. I get done with the main stuff about 1:30 pm. I go drop off the plow truck to my Pa-in-law so he can finish While I go to work, I get to work and everything is normal weather wise a bit breezy but other wise normal. So tonight I got off work and it is windy as heck. So I start driving home and look out across a big open grass lot and I see what resembles a rock garden. But they are not rocks they are snowballs, like when you start making a snowman. You roll the snow until it becomes a big ball. So anyway as I was driving home I see them everywhere in fields,yards and roof tops. Apparently from what I can figure out and what I seen the wind blew hard enough when I was at work it made snowballs /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif If I had a digicam I would take pictures because it is kinda of spooky. There are no foot prints around them just trails in the snow where the snowball started kinda like a comet (for lack of a better term). So anyway that is my story I just thought I would share.

p.s maybe it is Illinois chance for a little fame you know like crop circles /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

its ghosts! sounds cool! How big are the biggest ones?

3. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

The biggest one I saw was about the size if a 10 bolt carrier maybe a bit smaller. Man it was weird /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

4. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

That happened her about 3 weeks ago, weatherman said it was a very rare occurence. The biggest where the size of human head or so.

5. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Simular thing happend here a few years ago. And we rarely get any snow at all. But these came out of the sky. They were the size of nickles and coming down hard and bouncing off the ground like hail. I picked up a few and they were soft enough to crush between your fingers. Just like regular snow balls but small. I called the local weather guy and asked what they were and he said they were called "Thunder Snow".. Created the same way as hail but soft and round...

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

That's wierd, but pretty cool at the same time.

7. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

When i got home last night about 10:30 I noticed the same thing in an open lot across the street. I didnt pay that much attention, just assumed kids were playing in the snow????? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    The biggest one I saw was about the size if a 10 bolt carrier maybe a bit smaller

[/ QUOTE ]
    tellin it like it is

9. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

I talked to my mother a little bit ago and she took some pics /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif She aslo said on the new they said that in a town about 10 miles north of me that they were a big as 55 GALLON DRUMS but they had a hole through them like a paper towel roll /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif When the pics get devloped I will scan them so people can see them

10. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

this occurance is on front page of wednesdays' courier here in Lincoln(this town is boring)

the snow mostly melted away since it hit 39 or 40 today, so i didnt really get to see any, i took a drive out in country earlier but didnt see much of this really around the county(Logan). everything wil be ice again after today is over, today was a thaw day, it was nice /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

oh well :P