Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It still hurts... I still miss you Dale...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Topdown, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Earnhardt

Call me what you will... but I still tear up and miss one of the only two hero's I ever had.

Dad and Dale... I remember being a little boy, sitting with my dad watching races. Dale was his hero too...

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif he was and still is my all time favorite driver

3. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

I hear ya.... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

The Man made Nascar what it is today.

5. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Since his death Nascar has not been the same for me. I used to watch every race cheering Dale on. But ever since that day in Feb. I have prolly only watched 10 or so races. It just isn't the same... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

6. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

I agree also /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

In memory of the legendary driver.

7. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Since his death Nascar has not been the same for me. I used to watch every race cheering Dale on. But ever since that day in Feb. I have prolly only watched 10 or so races. It just isn't the same...

[/ QUOTE ] i totally agree, he was my hero /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

the guy was rich, did what he loved to do, was famous, and had a pretty pimp life. sure, he died about dozen years short of average for his generation, but hell, its hard to feel toooo sorry for the guy. There are a lot of people out there that have it a whole lot worse.

j

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Since his death Nascar has not been the same for me. I used to watch every race cheering Dale on. But ever since that day in Feb. I have prolly only watched 10 or so races. It just isn't the same... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Same for me. Jek is right, he lived a good life even if it was cut short.

10. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

I agree with jek

11. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

still gets me all teary eyed........i dont watch hardly at all anymore /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

12. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Racing hasnt been the same without him...he was my favorite...hence my username /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

13. 3car

3car 1/2 ton status

sometimes a sport makes the man...
    sometimes a man makes the sport.
    [​IMG]

14. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

I dont know that I feel sorry for Dale, he died doing what he loved... I hope to be that lucky... Its more a feeling of loss.

15. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

I miss seeing him on the track. I still have a bunch of his races on tape that I like to watch once in awhile.

Did you see Richard Childress do the burnout in the old #3 last week? Dang, that was cool ..... got it on tape!!

Like him or hate him, NASCAR would not be anything like it is today without his influence.

16. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I'm not much of a nascar fan, but I was at the inagural race in Dallas where he was talking trash about the track. That was my first experience with him, but it always left a sour taste in my mouth. After that, I always thought he was an arrogant [darn]. That said, I agree with Jekbrown. The guy was doing what he wanted and knew the risks going in. I'll not say things against him, but I won't cry over his death either. Just one man in sports. The real heroes of this country are not sports heroes or movie stars. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

17. 3car

3car 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm not much of a nascar fan, but I was at the inagural race in Dallas where he was talking trash about the track. That was my first experience with him, but it always left a sour taste in my mouth. After that, I always thought he was an arrogant [darn]. That said, I agree with Jekbrown. The guy was doing what he wanted and knew the risks going in. I'll not say things against him, but I won't cry over his death either. Just one man in sports. The real heroes of this country are not sports heroes or movie stars. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

it wasnt just dale talking that track down,it was all of the drivers.it was a poorly designed track from the start.nobody liked it.he was allways one to speak his mind,and not afraid to let you know exactly how he felt about whatever.

and as far as him not being a hero...i guess that depends on how you look at it.he was a man from a poor family with an incredible work ethic,that fought his way to the very top doing what he loved,and never forgot where he came from,and never hesitated to give back,or help someone who was down.call him what you may,i call him a hero.

18. MUDNUTT

MUDNUTT 1/2 ton status

i saw a shirt shortly after he died that said "dale didnt die. elvis needed a driver." thought it was pretty cool then and now.

deck /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

19. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Some loved him...

Some loved to hate him...

20. 3car

3car 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]and while were on the subject of hero's,im sure im not the only one to disagree with you. http://www.wish.org/home/supporters_special_earnhardt.htm

yep.its a touchy subject for me.