Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It was a fine transmission...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BigJim85, Dec 7, 2000.

1. BigJim85

BigJim85 1/2 ton status

Time of Death: 11:45am, 12/7/00, @ 169647.2 miles
    Well I was on my way back to school today, when I guess my tranny, a 700r4, decided it had other plans and proceeded to release it's contents upon the highway. Luckily I was able to get it into a Park-n-Ride lot where it sits now as I type.

P.S. Any of you guys know a good tranny shop in the Denver area?

<font color=red>If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.</font color=red>

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

sorry to here about your loss! it was a fine tranny indeed it will be missed by all!!!! even though some people didnt like her much she never let you down until the bitter end. sorry just trying to ad some humor to a bad situation.
    i really am sorry though dont like to see k5 broken down

s.smith 77blazer lookin 4 mud

3. Woodman89

Woodman89 Registered Member

Theres a guy in my town that has a C4 transmission for a mailbox. This would be a good way to "immortalize" it if you dont get it repaired (it sounded like you were really attached to it) [​IMG]

4. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

My condolences to the owner. Mine just did the same...pour fluid in..fluid pour out....luckily mine is just the main front seal...but who knows....could put the seal in and drive 10 mi down the road and it leaves chunks in the road...

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    http://SK-15.coloradok5.com

5. smp

smp 1/2 ton status

I know a good tranny builder in denver he builds trannies for drag cars on the side and is very good he is a teacher at front range comm. collage and a friend of mine
    His name is Gary Cryan (303)404-5381 you might have to leave a message just tell that Shane Phipps sent you

[​IMG] SMP

6. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

Call Wendell at 303-445-1430 he is doing mine right now. Tell him Toby sent ya and he will take good care of you. Good Luck