Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It was a good movie, but a sad ordeal for me.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BigOrange90Jimmy, Oct 2, 2004.

1. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

As a volunteer firefighter, I was excited about the new movie, Ladder 49, which started playing in theaters last night. Several members of my firefighting "family" were also there with me. Overall, it was a very good movie. I'm not going to tell you what happens though, as I hate people that do that to me.

What I will tell you though is that is the first movie EVER that has made me cry, much less hit home that hard.

I want to become a State Trooper within the next 3 years. Even though the movie was based on firefighters, there's just one scenario in that movie that I could not deal with that also pertains to the Highway Patrol, which is what made me so upset. Those that have seen it can probably figure out what I'm talking about.

I'm sorry to ramble on about the topic, but I just needed to tell someone.

2. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

I'm not to much of a movie fan, however your post makes me want to see it! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

A lot of the theaters here in town are allowing firefighters to see it for free. If time allows, I may try to go over the weekend. If not, I'll most likely go see it sometime this coming week.

4. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Here in the Denver area, Nextel stores are giving free passes to see it to all firemen with IDs. I'll probably see it tonite.

5. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I ended up seeing it this evening, great movie.