Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It was a good weekend

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by clarkjw24, Mar 20, 2006.

1. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just wanted to share some of my weekend with all. First off, a big thanks to Ryan (desertrat67) down in Columbia. I went down friday evening and picked up this sweet 1 ton minus the D60 ofcourse. Well we actually towed the whole rig back to my place and removed the parts he wanted to keep. We've got big plans for this beast. Going diesel, rockwells, 52" tires, manual tranny and whatever else I can dig out of the parts bin.

Then Sat, I got nothing done. The wife was out of town with the kids and I slept until 11:00. I had to drive an hour to florence and wait for 3 hours to pic up my father inlaw at the train station. Sat was a wasted day other than the fact I did pick up the ram and hoses for my hydro assist.

Sunday, I had a dinner at my Grandparents with the rest of my family. Scored this sweet wheel well tool box for free. Just what I was looking for. So I loaded up the box came home and was motivated about the rig, hence the cleaning and paint on the D60.

There is no point to my rambling.

1 ton.JPG

wheelwell.JPG

wwtoolbox.JPG

D60 primed.JPG

D60-513s.JPG

Last edited: Mar 20, 2006
  2. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nice to see progress is being made by someone.:D

3. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

That wheel well tool box is sweet man! And it is good to see someone making progress. After last weekend, I only went backwards.:doah: The only real problem I have is that I now need a new rear shaft. That rock got it pretty good.
    -Harrison

4. CB77GMC

CB77GMC 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

All that is left here is tranny front pump and rear seat latch.:D Found cracked flywheel today too:haha:" In our quest to fix main problem, We shall find many broken pieces along the way"

Mounted tires, Axle u-joint, Wheel stud "Broke fixin axle", Front D-shaft, Tranny coolers, elec cooling fan Done.:D

Had to try out new card reader. New Feet:woot: :woot:

PICT0007 (Small).JPG

And Coolers :D

PICT0005 (Small).JPG

PICT0007 (Small).JPG

PICT0005 (Small).JPG

Last edited: Mar 21, 2006
  5. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

I was in Mississippi this weekend, but I hope to be getting one some work this week.

6. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nice score John!!!
    Heavy Chevy!!!
    I worked 10 hours Thursday on my day off, 12.5 Fri, Sat and Sunday!!!

Hookin' up an OBA system soon as I get a nice day off, and a new Dist. with a theft deterrent idea of mine. Saturday coming, we are erecting my garage walls, Lord willing and the weather is cooperative!