Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It was one of those days where you invent new swear words.....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Desert Rat, May 4, 2004.

1. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Yesterday I finally got around to installing the PSC gear box that came last week. By the time it was over, I had to come up with new swear words because I ran out of old ones... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I had previously welded in the weld on frame brace onto the frame. This was the second one I had done, the first being on one of the the 74's. That one was from ORD and went on nicely. This one was in a box of stuff that came with one of the Blazers I had bought and looked kind of funky. I should've known right off the bat that I was in for some fun since it didn't seem to have been bent enough to conform to the frame bumps and curves.

Nevertheless, I fastened it onto the frame with four bolts and used clamps during the welding process. I was reasonably sure that it was on pretty tight. After the weld job, I painted it and let it dry. Days later now I'm trying to bolt on the steering box. Six or seven times I bolt, then unbolt, then drill out a little on each hole to get the bolts to line up with the box. They weren't kidding somewhere where I read that you have to have the holes just right. Finally I get it together but need the torque specs to finish it off. I check my shop manual, get the specs, and then see that they show lock washers on the bolts!!. Crap! I didn't put lock washers on. Oh, and did I mention that I had to run to the store earlier and get longer bolts to boot? So now I'm unbolting it once again.

Now we get to the ORD bolt in brace. What a treat that was. Everything fits nicely, but that one bolt that isn't part of the brace that is waaaay down in the lower corner is an absolute bitch to get in. socket extensions, swivel joints, body like a pretzel around the frame. Well, finally it is in and now I get to work on getting the pump installed. It was one of those hair pulling out days but it sure feels damn good to have it done. One a brighter note, the D60 and Corp14ff are nearly done and ready to install as well. Just gotta get the calipers on, pick a rear diff cover (probably MOO or Crane like the front) and new Warn hubs. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif Pics here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

crane cover, factory knuckles? ORD arms /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I a nice cover, ORD arms, disc brakes on my 14 bolt and you are still making ME drool /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Those look like Dendenbear knuckles to me .. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. Desert Rat

They are Dedenbears. The only thing I didn't do was to upgrade to the 35 spline outers. I considered it, but figured I'd run the axles I have now for a while and see how it goes. I am leaning towards another Crane for the Corp14ff too. I am impressed with the quality and the beef.

5. Desert Rat

Made my decision and ordered the Crane diff cover for the Corp14ff.