Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It was Ratch!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dontoe, Oct 1, 2005.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yes, it was the modest but generous and thoughtful "newyorking" that made my cousins son Noah a very happy fellow with his gifts. He shipped Noah a laptop and two caps and t-shirts. Ain't he sumtin' ??? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Here is a picture of Noah starting up the laptop Ratch sent him!!! :D :D :D :D :D

[​IMG]

Ratch asked me not to post his name, but I had to share the joy with y'all!!! :D :D :D

I E-mailed Noah how to log onto CK-5 and to come up with a good handle. And try to set up a paypal account.

2. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Drew Carey is your nephew?

Just kidding I hope that he enjoys his membership, and hope he picks a cool avitar and sig, etc. etc. etc.

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

You suck, blowin my cover!! I've been popping in and out of CK5 all night, I just popped in now to see what's new before going to fiddle with the house, and see this...

I'm stoked that he likes it. I really hope there are no problems with it, and I'm glad he liked the extra stuff, too. Bottom line; I really hope he enjoys it, and I hope the things I put in the box give him some simple pleasures.

Cool, I just noticed he's wearing the MC shirt I sent! :thumb: :thumb: :waytogo:

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Damn near have me converted Ratch. Guns and Jesus can be a good thing. You're alright in my book dooder. Heres the way it breaks down...

Cool religious fellers who aint all preachy but will shoot your sorry heathenistic ass in a split second for not caring enough about his fellow man.

OK so the title needs reworking...:laugh: :waytogo:

....Saint Ratch?????Hmmm maybe I move too fast?;)

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Yet more proof that CK5 is a lot more than just trucks and tech.

Awesome work, Ratch!!!! :thumb: :bow:

6. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Yeah, hats off to Ratch, i was going through a hard time niot to long ago with a mini -horror, and he sat there and listened to all of it, gave me some heplfull advise,he ROCKS!!! :waytogo: :thumb:

7. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

your a stand up guy ratch:wink1:

8. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

He's the King of the Rocketmen, need I say more.

Certainly a humble guy in my dealings with him. :bow:

9. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Sometimes when I'm down in the dumps I just imagine that Ratch is there to give Me a hug :grin:

10. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

If There Is Earthly Eternity You Have Earned It In The Hearts And Minds Of Who You Are Kind To, And Beyond, Thier Learned Kindness

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Dude, that is so kewl !!!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

12. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

My hat's off to you also. Damn nice thing to do. As long as we're outing you in public, thanks for the offer after Katrina. You know, people don't forget those things. :waytogo:

13. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

So it was Ratch who sent me the laptop, HUGE THANKS TO HIM! :bow: :bow: Especially since it has the DVD feature!

The DVD feature is going to go a looong way in helping keep me distracted during future times I have to go to Franklin, NC for my chemo treatments. It's going to be used for that pretty soon, as in this Thursday! Be taking it and one of my favorites from my InuYasha DVD collection with me to watch on it.

Oh, Ratch, got a question about it, and anybody can answer it if they know. I surf using a DSL connection, and will be adding a wireless router to the DSL modem soon and an antenna to the laptop so I can surf on the laptop with the same connection. Which port on the laptop do wireless router anntennas usually use?

14. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Ha ha, I think you're going to get along good with RJ...

For the wireless link, you'll need to get a wireless PC card, it will go in the same slot I put the orange network card in (you'll have to pop out the orange card). There should be 2 buttons on the side of the machine right next to the orange card. If I'm thinking of it right, push the bottom one gently, and it'll pop out. Once it pops out, push it all the way back in again firmly, and it'll leverage the card out. If it's not a button, it'll be a folded down plastic rectangle that you can flip up, then push in. Don't push it in while you're connected unless you're on the network/internet through the docking bay. I know that's kind of obvious, but you'd be surprised at how used to spelling things out I've become from work...
    The wireless card will probably be half the size, and will fit in either the top or bottom half of that slot.

I forgot the TV-out cable! I'll send it this week, but hopefully the screen will be good for now...

My mom went through chemo, so I can kinda sympathize with how much it sucks.

BTW, I like your sig. Enjoy the machine!! :waytogo:

To the other guys that posted,
    Corey---> :haha: :haha: :haha: ...
    Fumes, guns and Jesus are great things! Nice post, me and my wife were cracking up at that.
    Fellas, I'm just making sure I can get to the end of life giving back what I've gotten. To be honest and corny, if I didn't know God, I wouldn't know kindness, it's not *me*. But thank you guys for the compliments!

15. Inu-Hanyou1776

So I need to replace the network card that came with it? Alright, then. My dad, dontoe's cousin, is a Verizon company man, so maybe he can get some kind of employee discount on a wireless router and now the needed network card.

I'm eager to get the laptop online, not just so I can get on here during those first couple of days after a treatment that I'm sick and at times confined to bed, but also because there's a slight problem with the DVD program on the computer: No sound! Think I need to download a codec or something off the 'net to get the sound to work when DVD watching. Sound works with everything else (it'll play audio CDs), but not when watching a DVD. Doesn't bother me that much, it's just an annoyance. I can watch my DVDs with the subtitles on so I can still get what's going on (Usually watch my InuYasha DVDs with the subtitles on anyway and the Japanese turned on too for the authentic anime experience, just simply wanting to hear the funny Japanese voices when watching on the laptop).

16. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

Welcome! but at this posting rate, your sure to take top posting count here in no time! :haha: you'll fit right in :wink1:

17. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

ahh that definately sucks... Check Dell's site, too, for a downloadable patch for WinDVD that could address that. Try support.dell.com, and go through "Small Business" (so you don't have to register or sign in), then you can enter the machine's service tag (on a bar code on the bottom of the machine) and hit downloads to try to find it. It might also be elsewhere on the site, but I'd go through the machine's service tag first.

I was in my office with no dvd's when I set it up, so I neglected to test it before packing it up...Sorry!! Total oversight on my part!

You should be able to get online through either the orange network card or the network port on the docking station. Plug one of those into your DSL router, then run your DSL setup on the laptop and you should be on in no time. If you have the service, you get tech support, so call your dsl provider for help getting it online, too.

18. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

See, I'm Not The Only One!

19. Inu-Hanyou1776

RJ, you been to here: www.inuyashajourney.com. There's another forum on there that I'm a member of. I'm known as Patriot1776 on there and it's an anime forum. Thing is most the people on it are teenagers are pre-teens. I'm one of the older people on it at 22.

20. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Pashhhh ,,you left me out of the list!!!! :crazy: :haha: