Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It was the carb!

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ErikH, Sep 30, 2001.

1. ErikH

ErikH 1/2 ton status

In case anyone cares, I fixed my horrible idle by replacing the carb. It was that simple... yet expensive.

QUESTION: I'm not going to keep the carb I temporarily installed, so which carb should I finally go with? People here praise the Edlebrock 1901, but man, they're exepensive. I HAD good luck on the trails with the 1405, which is about half the price of the 1901. But does anyone have any other rec's?

2. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Well I"m glad you found it man, those little things are agravating I know. congats sorry it was so expensive those little bits hurt the wallet too.

Like em big and topless
    Excuse me...Would you mind removing your import from under my chevy?

3. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Cool that you found the problem. As for a recommendation on what kind of carburetor, when I need a new carburetor, I go to the J-yards and find a Quadrajet off of whatever make it is I'm looking for one (in this case, a Chevy). Then I clean and build it, rejetting it so it will run with the camming, displacement, and other parameters of the engine involved.