Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Its 10 and I'm still at work

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stickseler, Oct 17, 2003.

1. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Its 10 and I\'m still at work

my 9-5 job seems to be 95 hours a check. I hate taking 2 days off because Ive got to much crap to do to leave. Oh well at lest the boss lets us have Corona after 5 /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Oh well the things I do for a 4 day weekend 2 days withe the kids at Kings Dominions /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif and and 2 days of honey dooooooo /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Re: Its 10 and I\'m still at work

Selling sticks is that big of business? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Stickseler

dude I'll sell 1.5 mil this year...last year I did 3.5 but Now I'm the chief estimator and Beer drinker. So my sales are down /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif but now Im salried

And dont tell me the economys down...were up 20% over last year as a company /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Note to self...install iespell on wed when I get back /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Let me know when you need another employee, I might consider moving to VA. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I think I could sell sticks. "This here is your basic pine stick, it's softer than the oak stick but is easier to sharpen to a point. It works especially well for poking small mammals and the elderly. Now if poking large animals is what you're into, then I recommend stepping up to the redwood stick. It leaves lots of splinters and gets 'em nice and pissed for a more sporting feel. Now, if you want to poke Hillary Clinton, I highly recommend getting the 10 foot length so you don't need to get too close." /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Stickseler

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

the economy is down, but it's improving. where I work, there's about a 6 month difference between the economy, and our work load... fortunately, its in `the good direction' 6 months after economists announce a downward trend in the economy, our sales drop off. 6 months before they say the economy's coming back, our sales pick up. other signs of the economy improving come from one of our vendors... when the economy is starting to pick up, our hardware vendor begins selling more bolts to the concrete companies for laying foundations. this generaly happens a few months before we start to pick up. good news of course, is that 2 months ago, the concrete started running like cheap beer at a highschool party, bolts started selling like mad, and the utilities should start placing orders with us like they're going out of style.

one can hope at least...