Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It's 11:00 PM here in Fresno...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Avery4jc, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

and it's still 99 freakin' degrees outside!

We haven't been in the 70's (day or night) for weeks! It's been nothing but 90's and 100+ The seven day outlook...

This is even being conservative, the local news has been saying that we'll be over 110 in no time. I know some people complain about the heat (and other places are hotter than we are) but I think since it's over 108 for WEEKS I can rant in the Lounge. Too freakin' hot to do anything!

:mad:

-Avery

untitled.JPG

2. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

hot hot hot... how the hell do you do it? Its suppose to hit the 100's here this weekend and im dreading it.

3. Avery4jc

frick! here's a 10 day!

-Avery

untitled.JPG

4. Avery4jc

It's like a freaking oven outside. It literally takes your breath away. One problem is when it doesn't cool off at night. Sure it can be bad during the day; 160* in the car, animals dying randomly in the roads, etc.) but as long as it cools off at night it's tolerable because you can turn the poor air conditioning off and at least get to sleep. Do you know how hard it is to go to sleep when it's almost 100* (your "high" for the day) when it's 11:12 at night!

GRRR

Oh, and to answer your question about how do we do it. We don't. Basically nobody does anything that is more than necessary and if you do then you go really really fast and keep the car running. Then you come home and thank the lord for HVAC!

-Avery

5. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

you're almost caught up with vegas.... it was 115*+ all weekend last weekend

6. Avery4jc

That's just stupid. You know there is a reason that people aren't supposed to live some places. Technically Fresno is a desert (rainfall per year, etc.) but Vegas is a joke! Irrigation buddy, that's all I have to say.

-Avery

7. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Oh no, irrigation just makes it worse by raising the humidity.:doah:

Also, there's a reason someone put them-thar mtns behind you. Go run Swamp Lakes trail or go for a dip in Strawberry Lake. :waytogo:

8. Avery4jc

Yeah but at least we have trees, grass and basically everything green as far as the eye can see. I don't really like the humidity but after a trip to Huntsville, Alabama Manchester, Tennessee and Abilene, Texas I don't complain about the humidity here because it's nothing compared to those places. Of course it did rain here a day or so ago when it was 105* which was pretty nasty.

-Avery

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Someone call the waambulance.:haha: :haha: :haha:

10. Avery4jc

11. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

No sh!t! It has been well over 100 here for the last 10 days. We did get a break today with highs in the 90's. Thursday was 111 with the humidity at 5:00 pm.

12. Avery4jc

lol, well none of us have the right to complain because I've spoken with some friends who were in Iraq and lets just leave it at that. But since it's freakin' hot here I'll say that I'm not the only place. Post up, who has the hottest weather on CK5?

-Avery

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Okay, let me school ya real quick like........................

I lived in the Central Valley (Visalia to be exact) for about five years, so I'm well acquainted with the weather there.

I just returned home a few hours ago from SW Mizzou. When we left Branson after the funeral Thursday afternoon, the temp was popping 104. Now that may not sound made for your Central Valley ass, but when you throw in over 50% to go along with that temp, and you are dressed in casual funeral clothes (i.e. jeans and polo), all y'all need to do is throw some chunks of meat and veggies down the pants and let 'em do some crotch pot cooking for an hour or two, and you'll never go hungry again...........................:D :D :D

14. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

[all y'all need to do is throw some chunks of meat and veggies down the pants and let 'em do some crotch pot cooking for an hour or two, and you'll never go hungry again...........................:D :D :D

Yum.. now thats a thought for a delicious meal

115 here today... if I could sell reasonably tomorrow I would.. Im done with this crap...

I dont even know how a warrior would fight in this with 60 pounds of gear. an unconditioned humvee, ballsitic vest and helmet...
    I thing we should glass half of the middle east... and be done with it

15. Avery4jc

Whatever floats your boat. I mentioned that the heat is different, Vegas is super dry so it's not as bad as other states that I've been to that are really humid. No need to "school me real quick like" I just posted that it was freakin' hot and wanted to know who had the hottest temps. here on CK5.

No need to cry.

-Avery

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Just why the **** do nOObs get all butt hurt like this will always be a mystery to me..................................

It must be the "I live here and we got the most kickass whatever in the whole wide world" attitude. Sure you ain't from Texas????????????????????

17. ssped

ssped 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

112 here yesterday

We went out Mountain Biking and were watching lightning storms over us as we rode, then it started to pour rain. tropical torrential down pour and 112 deg. it was so refreshing we didnt even look for shelter. just stood there looking stuuuupppiddd soaking it up. made for a great ride though.

18. Avery4jc

sounds a bit refreshing ssped.

bubba: I still don't know what your problem is, competition is human nature whether it's something serious or some lounge chit chat over what CK5'er has the hottest weather. If I'm such a butt hurt noob then shut me up with some stats. That's the point of this thread to see how freakin' hot it is everywhere. Post up!

-Avery

19. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Well if you wanna be competitive it was 118 here on Friday and where I was working was on asphault with a right nice little storm rolling in. Now then I had super hot compounded by heat from the ground and the humidity.

So there!

Nanner, nanner, boo, boo!

20. Avery4jc

ok, looks like justhorsinaround is in the lead. Crud, 118 is pretty hot. I don't think we have even gotten that hot before, we normally stay in the 110-115 range. Of course the humidity makes a difference.

-Avery