Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

its 4x2, not 2x4 ! rant... oh, and another rant too!! lol

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Mar 26, 2005.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

ok i dont know why but alot of- or most- ppl say 2x4 instead of 4x2

2wd are 4x2

2x4 is a piece of lumber!

it drives me nuts

i dont know why it does

im a technically oriented type of person i cant help it... its just how i am, im sorry, im a perfectionist when it comes to certain things, just like everyone is a perfectionist when it comes to certain aspects of/in their lives

same deal with spelling and grammar and such, it pisses me off when i see an english person who cant even spell the most basic words such as `to' and `too', cant use them properly and has no clue which is used when, i find it so unbelieveable,, appalling.. is our education system really very effective ? i really dont believe so.. it seems that it could really be alot better, especialyl when it comes to english and other basics.. in the earlier years.. it is really sad..

i just cannot believe what i see sometimes.. its horrible how americans and such have such a difficulty with using the english language- in which they were raised around and see hear so much every day of their lives,., i talk to ppl from the other side of the world where english is a secondary language- and they use the english language so well that i had no clue- until they told me- that they are in a location where english is not usd very much and that they learned it secondarily! and they are using it 99% perfectly- waaaaaay better than ALOT of ppl here ever do or can.. and yet those foreign chatters flat out say that they are sorry if i cant understand them! they think that THEY are doing horrible with the english language- when in fact the opposite is true! they are doing freaking EXCELLENT
    it's really so sad.,..

i just wanted to post up..

so whatever anyone thinks oh well, i dont really care. i just needed to let it out, its not good to hold things in.,. so.,. plus its 5am and im waiting for daylight so i can get out of here and start doing what i need to get doen outside before work resumes for the new week- beginning tomorrow night

at least i know what`s correct and incorrect.. im glad for that.. big time..

contrary to whatever some may believe or say.. whatever..

thanks for listening/reading, if you have thoughts or comments or whatever and no flames or immaturity, then go for it..

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Maybe You could start with useing a capital letter to start Your sentences.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

well if we are going to whine about this stuff let me post up my problem. all the short cut 3-4 letter words make it hard for use newbeys to figure out what the hek you are all saying. and its after 5:00pm somewhere and we arnt payed to think so just eat it and have fun on the computer.:ignore: :pimp:

and as to our education system yep it SUCKS . my school was crap. thay didnt want to help me with my disibility and suck my spelling sucks along with some other things. so before you go and whine to us tell the schools to shape up.:blush:

4. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

You know what bugs the snot out of me? On this one forum a guy asks what he should do with his '72 dually and he also makes refernce to a '68 C10 locally that may go to the scrap yard. I was the ONLY one to reply, and in my reply I said "I will come get the '68". Then, only six days later the same guys puts up a post for parting out a '68 C10 and goes bezerk when after 4 hours only 19 people veiwed it and showed no interest. Hello??? Where was this guy six days earlier when I said "I want the truck"?

So, what bothers me? People who don't check any of their own threads and then act like an a$$ 6 days later!

5. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yeah thaat was a little confuseing

6. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

You had to be there to understand.

7. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Its not the school's fault people are stupid, its the people's. WTF is happening to personal accountability? You get out of school what you put into it and all the lazy bastards get what they deserve. Yes, everyone should be held to a higher standard but then we would leave the genuinely stupid people out to dry and we just can't have that now can we!

8. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i'm with you for the most part. but i did well in school, after 20 years in my job not writing at all my skills have degererated. i suck at spelling and i can't type so when i do i REALLY butcher it.LOL :D

9. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Yes it's the schools fault if you're forced to be thier. That's like saying it's nt the prisons fault if 20 years stretches don't improve people.

WHat people need is a sense of decency and a proper attitude about life.

10. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

word!!!!

11. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

very few people use the correct versions of "to" and "too"... i notice it all the time online.. ;)

i use the preview button on every post to just take a quick peek and check for spelling mistakes and such... i just think its common decency to have what i'm saying be legible... kinda like how i feel people that are late are being disrespectful to those they keep waiting.. :mad:

tho i personally rarely capitilize the first letter of each sentence, i don't feel it impedes understanding it.. the 2 that drive me nuts are when people don't space between sentences, and the ones that have every word start with a capital.. man, thats annoying to read... or the people that type these short, cryptic posts with words and punctuation missing.. like its a pay by the word telegraph or something... :confused: :(

12. Resurrection_Joe

..but in turn those people may feel that THAT doesn't impede understanding

13. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

you know what i'm saying... :p:

Tell Me This Wasn't Annoying To Read With All The First Letters Capitalized..

understandable, yes, just annoying to read..

just like people that write posts that are a page long, but refuse to break the thoughts into paragraphs.. sometimes i wont read them just because of that...

14. Resurrection_Joe

I'm sorry, all I got was the Tell Me This Wasn't Annoying To Read With All The First Letters Capitalized part because I refuse to read certain things....

:)

Besides bad spelling and puntuation (that includes capitals and spacing), the only thing that annoys me is when someone replies to 50 posts piecemeal, instead of in one post.

BOGGERLESS!!!!!!!