Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It's a 350!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BrianK5, Oct 31, 2001.

1. BrianK5

BrianK5 Registered Member

It\'s a 350!

A guy in one of my night classes asked what I had under the hood. I told him I didn't know because I hadn't ran the numbers. He replied by saying, "It sounds like a 305". How dumb is that! That got me motivated to check the casting numbers. The numbers are 3970010, which means the original 305 had been replaced by a 350.
    Anyway, I'm just glad to know it's a 350.

Brian

1985 K5 Blazer

2. fright89

fright89 1/2 ton status

Re: It\'s a 350!

i had an 84 that had a 305 stock in it that did not seem all that powerfull had a hard time keeping the tires spinning in deep sand it just moaned and blew clouds of blue smoke. that came out and in went the 350 much much better. now i have an 89 with a stock 350 tbi the power seems ok and runs smooth. it no fun to have to say its only a 305. lucky you

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

That casting # was also for 2 bolt and 4 bolt main blocks.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

4. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Sounds like it is time for a new intake carb and exhaust, if you havnt done it already. Since you have the 350... start pkaying with it!!!

Ken H.

'85 K5 in process

5. Tatman

Tatman Registered Member

You think telling you have a 305 is embarassing... how about a 307?[​IMG] Yeh well, I have a 4-bolt 350 in the garage just waiting to get rebuilt. Guess I have to get a real job first. Shutting my shop down temporarily thanks to the economy (or lack of it). But like my K5, I'm a survivor, whatever it takes.

Brian
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.saddletramps.com/BlazerK5.htm>www.saddletramps.com/BlazerK5.htm</a>

6. BrianK5

BrianK5 Registered Member

It already has an Edelbrock intake, headers, full dual exhaust, lumpy cam, and, according to the guy I bought it from, the Q-jet was rebuilt about a year ago. The emmission equipment was removed also. That's pretty much all the stuff you can do without tearing into the engine and it runs good, so I'm going to leave it alone for awhile.

Is there a way to know what the mains are by not dropping the oil pan?

Thanks,
    Brian

1985 K5 Blazer

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I have a 305 powered truck that if I raced against most of you guy's TBI 350s, you'd be in for a surprise!! I found out how to wake mine up...worked quite nicely. Spanks stock 8.5:1 350s all day long.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles