Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It's a Chevy thing, and the answer to that Heep thing.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Paxx, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

It\'s a Chevy thing, and the answer to that Heep thing.

Ok, so sunday I am up at the skihill and this guy walks by and says "nice truck" I thought he was just being a jackass since he was looking at the dented side so I gave him a kind of unsure thnx and thought no more.

I am pulling out of the parking lot when I see the same guy stepping into a beauty of a first gen. So I figured out it really was a compliment and gave the guy a friendly wave and a nod as I go by.

Now, same day I'm in town now and this guy pulls up beside me in a lowered shortbed pickup. Looked like a 70 sumthin. He gives a little nod then rips up in front of me and just breaks loose the tires like it was nothing. He's fishtailing all over the place sliding around looking at me in the mirror with a big sh!teating grin on his face the whole time. I give him the thumbs up just as I turn off on the next street.

Now same day again driving back home see a guy in a k5 looking similar to mine. As we pass each other he gives me a small wave and I return it with a nod.

So that night I was just thinking about how cool it was to be a chevy owner and how it was sweet that all the other chev lovers just had this respect thing between them.

Soo.. I figure that jeep thing must be when they drive by each other and give a little nod "Ah sh!tty you gotta drive one too" /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Re: It\'s a Chevy thing, and the answer to that Heep thing.

Ha, I have found its a nice truck thing. When my K5 consisted of a nice straight bright red look, with a good rake and the 33s with no lift every nice truck with big tires waived to me. Lots of them I'd never seen in my life /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I got a thumbs up from an old man driving a stock late 70's K5 once when I drove by with my K5. It was cool but really funny... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

More on that Jeep Thing (MJ post I made before ban) -> The Jeep Thing

5. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

hah.. i get nods once in a while.. had a guy in a low lifted hacked to the hilt on 38" tires toyota give me a big [darn] eatin grin once..

6. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Ive gotten quite a few head turns on the interstate, usually along with a wave or thumbs up. I get a lot of compliments at gas stations and in parking lots, and mine is still mostly stock. It is clean though.

Most jeep owners will look at you like you are nuts if you wave at them, but with toyota and chevy i have found that isnt the case.

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

If I'm in a tank top Lots of people love this: [​IMG]
    Paul

8. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

The only looks I get are ones of disbelief. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    The only looks I get are ones of disbelief. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I get people to wince when they see it was rolled. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The only looks I get are ones of disbelief

[/ QUOTE ]
    living right next door to microsoft and all the yuppies in there bmw's and crap look at me like you redneck jack ass and i love it when my headlights nail them from behind. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i had to look and the clicky and had to laugh i found a new sticker i got the jeep thing and it burned when i peed /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. bigburban383

If I ever get a tattoo, it will be a bowtie. I should get a tattoo /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

13. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

you should, I want to get a bowtie with the confederate flag inside of it on the inside of one of my biceps.

14. bigburban383

That would be sweet, but I would probably get stars and stripes instead /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

15. pauly383

Thanks, I got it almost a year ago and still have yet to get the rest of the color finished. I came from Michigan when I was 9 (20 yrs ago). I only drive 2 hours , see snow and come home. I do miss home sometimes.
    Paul

16. bigburban383

[ QUOTE ]
    Thanks, I got it almost a year ago and still have yet to get the rest of the color finished. I came from Michigan when I was 9 (20 yrs ago). I only drive 2 hours , see snow and come home. I do miss home sometimes.
    Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, isn't arizona like 28 hours from Michigan?

17. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    every nice truck with big tires waived to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
    wow! the truck waived?

18. pauly383

[ QUOTE ]
    Whoa, isn't arizona like 28 hours from Michigan?

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Come on ....we got snow up northern AZ!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    More on that Jeep Thing (MJ post I made before ban) -> The Jeep Thing

[/ QUOTE ]you know, when I was young and stupid, and had only wheeled in my old mans jeep, I used to think jeeps were the only thing good for wheeling offroad. of course, I soon after got my 77 C20 longbed pickup, and learned otherwise... took that thing most places the dads jeep went, and never got stuck.

What I learned, is the only place a jeep truly accels, is in stealing parking spaces in crowded parkinglots. you can come up the wrong way on a `Angled Fishbone' lot, and make a single turn into a wrong way spot, and be magicaly facing the right way, with the jep centered in the lines. after I got the K20 sub, and started taking that offroad, I learned how much better a feeling it is to have Trackwidth, and Wheelbase length over that feeling of "always going to tip over at the slightest twist of the front axle. Besides, if I'm flying down the freeway, with that bigass dented pushbar, and shiney chrome bumper, people move over... Never had that happen in the old mans Heap.

I've been trying to actively start the "Chevy Wave" for a while now... whenever I see a lifted chevy, I gun the engine, or wave, or whatever... about 3 weeks back, on the freeway, another lifted burb came up beside me, and I dropped a gear, and made gave a thumbs up as I accelerated to 80, and let back off.

-Rich

20. bigburban383

Oh and another thing, nobody stares at a stupid lifted heep(the typical 3"), but everybody stares at a lifted suburban. I get so much attention driving my truck, when people ride with me they always say so many people are staring at you, I don't even know/care but its cool /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif