Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It's a good day

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Jul 7, 2001.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

It\'s a good day

I pulled the K5 in the garage, regapped the plugs and then broke out the grinder and welder, broke the fixen bracket on the rear near the gas tank, nothing like welding with no shades and two inches from the gas tank. Welded up a hole behind the cat, went to weld up the hole in the muffler, but made the hole bigger, oh well. Then broke out the electric screwdriver, took off the door panels and lubed up the window rails, they are fast now. All in all, a good day even if I didn't get to go to the dez for race action or go work on the game that will break Tiger Woods.

"I am Republican. Not a baby-killing, tree hugging, land grabbing, touchy feely, hypocrite wuss democrat!"

2. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Re: It\'s a good day

I hear ya...seems to get kinda hard to string together a few good days in a row sometimes. Always does the Karma good to put in a bit of "garage entetainment". Keep thinking if I can jst get a place with a garage...I'll hang there most of each day. Of course my garage will have a 'fridge, potty, and cable! LOL!

"The mud is lovely, dark and deep, but I have U-joints to change before I sleep"

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

I just hooked up the stereo last week so I have tunes, now I need a fridge and A/C. But I'm gonna wait on that 'til I get me a chop saw. I'm so sick of using the grinder to cut. At least I have a welder so that is making life easier compared to the zip tie fix I attempted on the exhaust. Now it's on tight. I need to get busting on some limiting straps so I don't break anymore shock mounts.

"I am Republican. Not a baby-killing, tree hugging, land grabbing, touchy feely, hypocrite wuss democrat!"

4. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Had a good day here too - I watched Speedvision's version of the Terrible's Town 250, took the family on a picnic in the mountains, and now I'm working on updating the webpage. If it weren't for the monsoon looming on the horizon, I'd be getting even more done. Not too bad for a Saturday.

<font color=red>Cripplefight!!</font color=red>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>http://pugsley.alloffroad.com</A> Updated finally[​IMG]

5. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Brazing freeze plugs over holes in mufflers works great.
    Use the flat ones.

my truck's not dirty, it's earth tone paint

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

So does duct tape! [​IMG] [​IMG]

<font color=red>I m so we Todd did.
    I m sofa king we Todd did.</font color=red>

7. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

'lubed up the window rails, they are fast now'

Oh yeah!?!?!?! Is fast relative? Or what is your secret?

Dave

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Fast is compared to what they were. The passenger side was getting to be slow again. But compared to my father-in-law's '92 3/4 Dodge 4wd Turbo Cummins, my windows are way slow. His windows go down in app. 2-3 seconds.

9. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Bummer but thanks.
    I was getting that twinge of excitement that someone might have been able to get the windows to act 'normal.'

Slow motor/gear design I think.

Dave

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

10. Re: It\'s a good day

What are you using to lube the window felt in the window channels?

Thanks, Doug

4 wheelin's not a job, it's an adventure!

11. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Just as soon as I called it a good day, I went outside for a while, came back in and sat at the desk and went crashing to the ground - @#$%^&* WalMart desk chair was welded by Taiwanese 4 year olds and fell apart. I should know better than EVER saying I'm having a good day[​IMG]

<font color=red>Cripplefight!!</font color=red>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>http://pugsley.alloffroad.com</A> Updated finally[​IMG]

12. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

The day started great. Got 4 of the 6 shocks on before it started to rain. Packed 'cause it didn't look like it was gonna stop but 5 minutes after all was put away the sun came out.
    Shawnboy.

If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

I just lube up the rails. I sprayed some Castrol Super Clean, wipe them out, then spray them down with some GM Lube Type "A" that my father-in-law had laying around. Best stuff I've used for that so far.

14. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> Sounds like me, I don't have anything go right for a long time then .....BAM ......I have a day that it all gets done with no problems......cherrish those moments !

L8r,
    . Riz . <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</A>