Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Its a good thing that they worry about saving weight

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by zakk, Nov 11, 2002.

1. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

Gotta love that after all that "trussing" they drilled out holes to save weight /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Too bad no one picked this one up on eBay. It could have been had for the humble sum of 105K.

www.bigdumbtrucks.com

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Re: Its a good thing that worry about saving weight

WTF????

Bwahahahahahahahaha /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Good Lord, that thing is rediculous.

The sad part is that there is probably a 10 bolt under all of that, and they just bolted a dana 60 cover to that cheddar-cheese-like trussing. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

can ya get that in a different color besides yellow /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

well it is a Furd. but that is not enuff of an excuse for a monstrosity such as this epic POS /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

That goof needs some serious professional /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Hehehe MAN what a peice! Love the angle of the drag link. You know that thing has some wicked bumpsteer. CHECK OUT the bind those heims are in! Look at that 70lb custom arm on the axle and it still has a freaking 4 inch block under it!
    The Bud spacer and then 4 inch back space wheels look groovy with the disc hanging out there.
    Did anybody else notice that the axle is a GM or Dodge leaf spring D60? You cans still see the pad on the pumpkin.

7. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

Their very own ad say's it all.

" THIS TRUCK IS UNREAL "

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i can describe the whole thing in one word....GAY /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

What on earth possess someone to build such a big POS anyways? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Well being on 'bags' that would be 'show height'...I'm sure driving height the angles and all would be much better. Still a massive pile of crap.

I did notice they wasted a perfectly good Chev or Dodge D60 on the truck though... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Rene

11. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Here's my play on this... I'll give the guy credit where its due. The add-on tube chassis looks well done and has some impressive aspects about it (tcase relocation...). The front heim geometry is just fine, you'll notice if you go through the link to the ebay pics that the pic shown above on this post is with the air bags fully inflated and the trucks suspension fully extended. With the truck at rest the geometry looks good. They were smart enough to mount the bags as far out as they could to provide stability. They didn't skimp on shocks either, long travel, rebuildable, remote resevoir all the way around and charged bump stops. The link geometry is all good and keeps the pinion angles true both raised and dropped. They did use 1 ton gear on it but with all that trussing pretty much lost any ground clearance. I'd like to see this thing out at the dunes... but anywhere else ... well it would just be a waste of time and money.

12. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

Finally someone without the regular negative response to something other than a dented, 1 ton equipped, solid axle chevy on 38" tires. Nice post Michael, refresshing to say the least.
    Not everything needs built to rock crawl. Somethings are built just to be built and shown. You'd think it would be obvious.

13. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Hahah, you didnt have to use my truck as an example though ..."dented, 1 ton equipped, solid axle chevy on 38" tires"

There are two local off road shops I go to which make me so mad every time I go in. 4WPW insists everything should be a rock crawler and Off Road Wherehouse insists everything should be a desert pro truck. It's like pulling teeth anytime you want to get a straight answer about a product for something other than how they are using it.

I try hard to stay neutral but its easy to fall on the defensive and favor one side or the other. I think everyone here could benefit from an open mind about all aspects of truck building and help cross pollinate the things that work (like running Ford F150 leaf packs on a Chevy, or running air bags on a rock crawler). There are times though when its fun to laugh at the rediculous!

14. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

there is lot better things that could be done with all that money. Sure it is high-buck, but what else is good about it? you can't even pick up chicks in it (which is the glut of Superduty's on 36's around here with systems) cuz they cant get into the rig!!

Props for having that much money
    Slops for doing THAT with it

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

15. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Finally someone without the regular negative response to something other than a dented, 1 ton equipped, solid axle chevy on 38" tires. Nice post Michael, refresshing to say the least.
    Not everything needs built to rock crawl. Somethings are built just to be built and shown. You'd think it would be obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya know, props to you for saying what I thought. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Not everything needs built to rock crawl. Some things are built just to be ridiculed because they have no other discernable use. You'd think it would be obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed it Tori... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Rene

17. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Not everything needs to be built to rock crawl, but IMHO if a 4x4 is going to be altered that drastically from it's stock form it should serve some purpose other than being very very shiny. Call me frugal, but I have no use for expensive useless toys.

I can certainly apreciate the amount of time and effort that went into the desgining and building of the truck. It appears to be well thought out and nicely constructed, but it's still just a well thought out and nicely constructed truck that is good for nothing except holding down the pavement and reflecting light into innocent bystander's eyes.

It's his money and he can spend it any way he wishes, but I have as much right to laugh at it as he had to build it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>

18. K05Aggie

K05Aggie 1/2 ton status

19. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

um ill take my luv over that anny day /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

clear mud flaps WTF?