Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It's a little chilly out...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Nov 23, 2005.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I've been back for about an hour from an hour or so riding in the low 30's. It's been my first time out since sunday night, so I went as long as I could, with a 20 minute or so break in Kmart...

I can't seem to get warm, though... The house is about the average temp where I'm usually warm, but I'm still friggin shivering... Hot Chocolate time...

I put Chevron Techron FI cleaner in the tank before gassing up, wayyyyy over proportion (hands were too cold). I swear, the bike started running smoother and more responsive as I pulled out of the gas station. It's gotta be mental,. plus the fact that I couldn't/can't feel most of my body...
    I messed up anyway, it has carbs, not FI... :doah:

2. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Same in Texas. It's down to 71 right now. Everyone is all bundled up.

3. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Warn streak here, about 65 outside. I'll take it when I can get it..

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Don't forget the pepermint schnapps...:wink1:

5. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

please stop sir. :D no warm stories till june thank you. :rolleyes:

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Now you've done it!

Newyorkin!...now you have done it!..gone out riding your bike,and snortin in all those germs everyone else driving all over the country are spreading around! (I heard 82% of ALL people are out on the roads tonite! :eek1: )..To quote a country song,you now have too much blood in your alcohol level!--time to balance things out with a few "Hot Toddies".. ;) :bow: ..

Good thing you were not riding on the Mass Pike --yesterday there was a 56 mile traffic jam all way from Boston to RT 84 in Sturbridge!.. :doah:--wasn't much better today I heard on the news..
    I'm staying home alone tomorrow,I'll let everyone else drive in the snow and slush and smash their cars up..not ME!..It snowed this morning about 4:30am
    here,as I was heading to bed I looked outside,and saw an inch of snow ,and more was falling..I wanted to peuke!..supposed to get a bit more tomorrow,then its supposed to turn to rain.. :mad:

Fuel Injection cleaner wont hurt your bike,I'd say it might even be better,since its formulated not to damage the O-rings in the injectors..sometimes methanol based "dry gas" and cleaners will muck up rubber seals and gaskets in the fuel system,and cause fuel line hoses to swell or rupture..I use "Isopropanol" in everything now,carbed or not..it removes water better.."Techron" is about the only additive in a bottle I've actally seen work and make something run bettter--but for the price of one bottle,you could get 2 gallons of gas! (used to get 4 a few months ago.. :mad: )..

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Ain't that the truth on the price of techron... I've found it for $12 at some places, $8 at others, and $6 where I bought it today... :haha: I dropped the bills after the cashier handed them to me cause my hands were too cold to move...
    Thanks for the tip on the cleaner, I wasn't sure what it would do. There are supposedly only 2 commercial fuel additive chemicals recommended for my bike, and Techron Carb cleaner is the only one available around me. I just grabbed the Techron bottle, didn't look for the carb/FI distinction...

You have snow already???? I hope that stuff keeps north... Snow = no riding for a while, and I'm not ready to winterize...