Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It's alive again....for now!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by gzzgfw, Oct 4, 2006.

1. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

After farting around for almost 2 years I finally got around to working on a long lost project. It's been sitting in my barn after Jeremiah and I put the engine in.

I put in a $32 autozone cam shaft in it due to the lobes worn off.

Other than putting the dist. in 180deg ( yeah I know that TDC is when the valves are rolling on #6 but I only missed it 180 deg.) After that and some gas in the vent of the carb she started and RAN :laugh: .

So off to the store and web I go to get nickel and dime stuff to finish this buggy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, since I've worked on this for more than 10 minutes, I guess this is going to be my offical build thread. More to come.

2. broncoman6524

broncoman6524 1/2 ton status

whoopin. lol what was it originally?

3. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

A K5 shorten to 104", It's all shevy, sbc 355, T400, NP203, got dana 60/14 bolt for it, and trying to find large tires, 39in min., just keeping it simple for now, no cross over b.s., maybe some beadlocks especially if I go 16.5 wheels.

Items I need are good radiator, drive shafts, and a shifter.

4. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Cool deal! I'm back home this weekend getting some crossmembers made and measuring out some other parts, need to get my fuel tank in and some stuff swapped over. Maybe in a couple weekends we can have a few people out and lift this body onto the frame :wink1:

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Looks like a fun project!

Rene

6. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I've got a 4core that I'm putting in my truck, do you want the 3core from rusty bucket? I flushed it when I pulled it out, I'll look for it tomorrow. Give me a call this weekend, I sent you a PM about my Polaris Snowmobile also.