Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Its Alive agin....UpDate Its now DDable and some other stuff

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 89K1500Chevy, Jan 2, 2004.

1. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

Yes my truck is now driving up and down the driveway and a little ways up the street ! I hope it can make it to my dads house to change out the front wheel bearings and figure out whats up with the front suspenison. Its like the driver side susp. is higher then the pass. side but it might just be the fact that my diveway is kinda sloped just slightly i need even pavement then ill mess with T bars to get it even. Anyways im just happy that its moving now. and facing out of the driveway instead of in like has been for bout 2 months.

2. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

Re: Its Alive agin....

i know what your talking about.i'd get it drivable and take it through the neighborhood,then the next day it wouldn't start,turn over though. allway's something /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

excuse me for being a n00b, and not knowing what's going on, but what was broke?

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

oh yea, sometimes i felt like taking a sledge hammer to it. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

5. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

Well its fixed now. I put new front hubs on both sides today WOOT in the Frickin Cold raniny weather that is prob going to make me sick but since i drove it in the driveway i had to get it going i love driving it. And The right wheel bearin breaks at 60 mph on the highway on my way to my dads it was fun to say the least but i was able to keep the truck going and made it to the garage. I then found out my truck is too tall so i had to work on it outside. It got really loud once the bearing came all apart on the road like a damn fright train of Clangs and cunch's. The hubs only cost me 100 a piece brand new from my work. So now I need to go out and get some pics of it offroad with my buddys xploder that he just got running agin also.(it caught fire while offroading like a year ago) Whats funny is its still stock but it can wheel alight for its size.