Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It's alive!!! almost... now correct me ifn im wrong..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Confedneck79K30, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

so i got the cab and fenders and core support back on, put the new allen head bolts with aluminum spacers and grade 8 lock washers in the waterpump... but i digress

we broke the dist cap in half putting the cab on, and i already have a procomp billet HEI dist with coil in cap and new msd wires...

i need to put the new dist in this week, should i just mark the position of the rotor in the distributor? then install the new one into the same place? that sounds a little too easy to me...

also, those of you with polyurethane body mounts, who'd ya get em from and how much did they run ya? lmc has em for 65, seems like a good deal to me...

same for leaf spring bushings, urethane non greasable, who's the best, worst, cheapest?

2. BlaKK54Speed

BlaKK54Speed 1/2 ton status

yes! just mark the position of the rotor and put the new one in the same place. just make sure that the new dist is also in the same place. (where it should always be anyway)

3. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

Be sure to mark the dist twice. Once when it's in the engine and once immediately after you pull it out. The rotor will rotate as it's being removed, due to the helical cut of the gears.

4. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

riiight, then you know where to start it and where it should end up! sweet, thanks guys!

5. jtrux

jtrux 1/2 ton status

When you install it make sure you remember where the rotor was facing as far as which cylinder it was facing or just pull the #1 plug and crank it over til air comes out and get it near TDC (top dead center) so you know where to put your plug wires. 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 is the firing order. The #1 cylinder is the one closest to the drivers side front headlight and then it goes back and forth from front to back so that means on the drivers side starting at the front and going back the cylinders are numbered 1-3-5-7 and on the passenger side starting at the front and going back it goes 2-4-6-8. You might already know all of this but i'm sure someone could use the info.