Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It's ALIVE and has a weird clunk---

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MudNurI, May 19, 2002.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

It\'s ALIVE and has a weird clunk---

Well, MUDNURI is ALIVE!! YEAH!!! 15 months later- she's in MY DRIVEWAY! But she has a problem.

We put on the new fenders/doors etc..and they are all lined up great, shut nicely etc...But today when I was driving her around a bit, I noticed that when my driver's side front tire hits a pretty nasty bump, There is this noise that only happens ONCE every bump- almost sounds like my step has hit my door. a metal to metal clunk.. Regardless of how many times the truck itself may bounce/rattle/bump..this only happens ONCE per bump. I checked my body lift bolts, those are tight, my step is tight, door is tight, everything seems tight. nothing is making a noticible mark...I'm at a loss for what this can be..any idea's???

Brandy

2. YtseJam

YtseJam 1/2 ton status

Re: It\'s ALIVE and has a weird clunk---

Broken or loose shock mount? All of the bolts are in the inner fender? Did you replace the inner fender and leave the Jack mount loose?

3. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Re: It\'s ALIVE and has a weird clunk---

All the bolts on the inner's are tight, and none are missing..the bolts, and the little clips, all the hardware was replaced wtih new...I didn't even think of the shock mount, I'll check that out in the morning...very well could be!

thanks!
    Brandy