Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It's alive! It's alive!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5_73, Mar 4, 2001.

1. K5_73

K5_73 Registered Member

It\'s alive! It\'s alive!

Whew, finished my HEI swap today, and after spending a buttload of mula on parts to rebuild my distributor, I fired it up, and set the timing, and it purrs like a kitten, well a rabid one since I got the new flowmasters. Seems to run way better overall, and raps better. Guess those old points were nice and worn. Yeah, I could've bought a rebuild unit w/ generic parts, but I went with good parts so hopefully it will last longer. Thanks for reading.

Stupid hurts

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Re: It\'s alive! It\'s alive!

Ya, I know what you mean. I've spent a week with mine tore down and today I fired it up and took it to the exhaust shop. Man! It was fun driving it!

[​IMG] Keep your feet dry [​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com>http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com</A>

3. K5_73

K5_73 Registered Member

Re: It\'s alive! It\'s alive!

I know what you mean about the new headers. I was going to drive mine open headered to the shop, but since it's not exactly legal yet (still using the other guy's tags) I just went down to the store and got some flex pipe and some generic mufflers and rigged it up. It looked like crap, but whispered all the way into the bay. I'll be taking the mufflers back since I just needed to "borrow" them, I'll just tell them they were too quiet, so I went w/ what a friend recommended. You might give it a shot if you're worried about getting stopped. Good luck, and I'll look for the fireup footage on your website!

Stupid hurts