Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It's alive!!! It's alive!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazin Obsession, Apr 27, 2002.

1. Blazin Obsession

Blazin Obsession Registered Member

Sep 25, 2001
    It\'s alive!!! It\'s alive!!!

Thanks to all for the advice on getting my 350 to run. I tried everything suggested, but in the end the engine would not even start, I ran the batteries dead trying to figure it out.
    I finally checked the oil to discover there was a lot more than there should have been, turns out that the fuel regulator on the TBI had a weak spring and dumped what I think was a gallon of fuel into the engine, I had to use two oil drain pans to hold it all. the engine was truely flooded and probably had little compression due to the thin oil.
    The computer had stored the code " LEAN EXHAUST" This was due to a stuck diverter valve from the smog pump, It sent all the air into the exhaust, this also causes backfiring.
    Anyways,,,, When the truck fired, it filled the air with with black carbon, I added some type of snake oil to the fuel to remove carbon and went for a highway drive and all seems well. ( knock on wood)
    Thanks again for the tips.
    And yes the smog pump crap is now in the dumpster.
  2. Motoronbrain

Motoronbrain Registered Member

Jun 12, 2001

How did you fix your prblem? I think I have the same thing going on. Too much fuel going in to my 90.