Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Its Alive (kinda)

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by proyouring71nova, Jan 21, 2004.

1. proyouring71nova

proyouring71nova Registered Member

Well the truck runs well I went out and bought a 675cfm holly truck avenger, right out of the box the thing idles perf. and performed great. To bad I cant say that about the brakes I think that I have to blead the sh*t out of them the ped is really soft and the pedal sticks (?) half way back up. So i ended up putting a new 71 3/4 ton boster and MC, New front, rear calipers, all new ss flex lines and some new line where I couldent brake the nuts free. I ended up taking the rear (old) add-a-leaf out and putting a shackle flip out back with the stock springs, a four inch super lift with ord front shakles. The dif. in flex now and before is crazy I also got rid of the 1 1/4" rear sway bar. I will post some pics as soon as I figure out how on the message forum. The newer bed looks really good, got all new Clear lights all around, the trucks got a good 1.5"-2" of rake. hope that I can keep up with some of you on the trails now. I also want to thank everyone for all the help that was given to. keep on wheeling -max

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Tell me more about that rear sway bar.....!!!

I've heard rumors that a rear bar exists as a factory item (though I've never seen one). Does yours appear to be "factory" or some sort of aftermarket piece?I'd love to see a pic of it, and would also like to know if you are planning to just throw it away....??? (Hint: Don't throw it away) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBC! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. proyouring71nova

proyouring71nova Registered Member

I still have it, You could have it if you like. I was planning on buying a locker for my 14 bolt mabe you could give me a hand on putting it in if you know how to. I just dont have the tools needed. I have been go back and forth from richmond to sac. on biz. I could proble drop it by somtime.

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

We could probably work something out...

I did my own locker with Scott helping, and I "hosted" Zakk's locker install in my shop, so I've seen it done twice now. If we could just convince Scott to come over some night, I could take you through it and Scott could look over my shoulder and keep me honest!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif