Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Its alive!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by otisringle, Apr 26, 2006.

1. otisringle

otisringle 1/2 ton status

Well I got my Blazer back from the shop today. They said that I only lost about 3 quarts of oil. When I was driving it back home it didnt seem like it had the same power as it used to. Could driving with low oil effect the horsepower it has and is there any way to find out if any power was lost when driving with low oil for about 10 miles or so???

Also, if anyone is gonna get any body work done to their truck, use orginal Blazer parts...... Aftermarket parts are CHHHEEEPPPPPP... Guess I learned the hard way...

2. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Um, your motor is probably f*cked. Only 3 qts? The think only holds 5.....meaing you were close to out of oil :doah:

Just watch it now, hopefully you won't have any serious issues.

but i won't be surprised if it kicks the bucket in a short amount of time......:mad:

3. otisringle

Well they said a little under 3, but it was close... Now would this effect it alot eventhough I only drove it about 10 miles?????

4. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

shouldent be that big of deal as long is it actully had oil presure the whole time.

5. otisringle

I understand that oil pressure is important and that the engine doesnt over heat, but is there a way oil pressure can be lost with a whole in the oil cooler that is a little smaller then a dime.....