Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

IT'S ALIVE!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Pure Insanity, Sep 21, 2001.

1. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

IT\'S ALIVE!!!

Can you believe it! It actually runs and drives, has 3 forward gears and 1 reverse! Thats the most its had since I got it! LOL! Ive taken it to about 70, so far. Thats enuff for me. I cant get over how smooth it rides. The 38 Swampers have lived up to their rep as being smooth. Esp. considering I have let the Blazer sit in 1 place for months at a time, on asphault. I did not get the gears done yet tho. Soon I hope. The tranny shifts hard enuff to rattle the fillings in your teeth.

When I got there to pick up the tranny, I had a new case and all the internals. The only thing that is off of the old one is the pan,Vac. modulator, and the Valve body that has been modified. He threw in a shift kit too. All he said was it was a high dollar kit. I didnt ask any questions! I just smiled and said thanx. He had the conversion shaft laying around that he forgot about for the 700 to 350 swap, to replace the twisted one that was in mine.

I still have a few bugs to work out,but I am happy as can be to have it running.

I get all the exercise I need pushing my luck! [​IMG]

2. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

Re: IT\'S ALIVE!!!

oh man... I feel your joy, really I do! kinda nice isn't it!

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>

3. steve85fla

steve85fla Registered Member

Git in that mud gator!!!

4. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

ALRIGHT!!!!! About time Steveo!

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

5. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Are ya still doing the YIPPIE dance? [​IMG]
    Glad to here it is mobile again.

<font color=green> Too bad ignorance isn't painful </font color=green>

6. steve85fla

All I have to do is re-mount my front spindles,wheel bearings,tires. I put a mini-spool in front and re-geared to 4:56 I am running 35" tires and a 700 tranny, manual lockouts so I can freewheel on the street. I am curious to see how the 10 bolt front holds up. I can't wait to start rolling again!

7. Pure Insanity

Well Its already happened.........I have already had a moron in a little car decide to pull in front of me! WTF! can they not see me!!! I hate that!

The bully factor is nice to have back too. [​IMG] I live on a narrow road and people always take thear 1/2 out of the middle, Now I just stay to my side and just keep going! And yell BETTER MOVE SOB! HEHE! Im just kidding! (sorta)

Maybe in a month, I can try to get the FL CK5 thing together that I have been wanting to do since I joined CK5. I just gotta get some miles under it and build my confidece that I will not have any probs. after all I have had. So be looking for me to be giving a shout out to FL K5s. I really wanna do this.

Well Im gonna look around the boards and go outside and get some stuff done to it.

8. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

oh hea, that bully factor is always nice to have! I'm just glad that I did the disk break conversion so mine actually stops good.

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>

9. steve85fla

A Fla get together would be good, let me get this thing put together

10. Pure Insanity

About how long till you think its done?? I am thinking in late Oct. or early Nov. But its all up for discussion. Maybe I should just make a post in Blazin Trails and see what kind of response it gets.