Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

IT'S ALIVE!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MaxCrack, Jun 30, 2002.

1. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

IT\'S ALIVE!!!

After almost exactly 3 years, my Blazer is registered and back on the road. I wrecked it on 4th of July weekend 3 years ago. I passed smog and registered it on Wednesday and have taken it for several short to medium trips around town. I am SOOOO HAPPY!!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

I do recommend the use of shock absorbers though. Strongly. As hitting a nice smooth hump in the freeway at about 65 without them is quite scarry. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

But I could not wait to have the mounts welded to the axle before I took it out.

The list of mods done in the last month include Vortec heads and Edelbrock manifold, cross-over steering, 37" SSR's on 16x10 rims (bought about eight months ago), lots of fender whacking, shackle flip, and electric fans (from a couple of Camaros). I also found out my cylinders are bored 40 over. By the way, how do I find out which crank I have? Possible 383 here. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Picks to follow shortly.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: IT\'S ALIVE!!!

awesome /forums/images/icons/cool.gif and congrats i could not imagin being without my blazer for even one day let alone 3 years /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif congrats brother /forums/images/icons/grin.gif now get those pics posted /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Re: IT\'S ALIVE!!!

Way to go! I'll second that vote for the the use of shocks. The first time I drove the '73 after putting it back together it didn't have shocks either. Once you hit that first bump...