Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

its all a consiracy, i tell ya

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big83chevy4x4, Jan 12, 2006.

1. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

so i finely get my truck 100% drivable again, after 4 months of collecting parts to fix what i broke, last night. today was nice, so my dad and i decided to go riding our bikes up north on a 21 mile trail. we get 3.5 miles around it and i crash hard. my bike and i came into contact with 5 different trees. i lay there is hurotious pain, by back hurts, and it knocked the wind out of me. after it subsides enough for me to get up, back still hurting alot, as i drop my right arm along side me, i feel a pulling in my collar bone. i pulled my arm up almost instantly. first thing i think, broken collar bone, but it doesn't hurt to touch it, just near the end. ive have seperated both the AC joints, so i know what it feels like and its not it. then a sharp pain in my back just under my shoulder blade appears. well i broke a rib also.

as we try to figure out how to get out i struggle to get comfortable in the middle of the woods, almost imposible. my dad said he found a road not too far away, so he rides back to get the truck. what seems like an hour later, he shows up with the truck. he loads my now FURBARed bike into the truck then changes his clothes. i decided that the pain isn't that bad and can go to the hospital near where i live, over a hour away. him picking on me the entire way because, about 5 years ago, he was in the same position and i picked on him. he knew i was in pain when i asked to go to the hospital, i hate hospitals and try to avoid them when ever i can. but i knew something was wrong.

after we get home, i change clothes and head to the hospital. yep, i broke my collar bone near the AC joint, no ribs though. let me say that mophine kicks ass:laugh:

on the way home, i realize that i can't drive my truck now, its a stick and its my right arm that i can't move.:doah: it sucks, i get it done, then less than 15 hours later, i can't drive it. the only person i can swap vehicles with is my mom (dads truck is a stick, sister can't drive a stick) and she can't get it in and doesn't want to drive it. i can't drive for a while anyway, because of the perscritions i got, but only like 3 days.

i get too looking at the papers the hospital gave my and it says that i fractured my scapula, but the doctor said clavical??? then the next paragraph, the first sentence says, "you have injured your shoulder" i bust a gut then cried in pain because of it, all i can think is "NO SH!T? is that what i did?" tomorrow im going to the orthepedic and il find out what i did break, collar bone or shoulder blade, right now, the hole area hurts.

it sucks, im right handed and can't do crap with my left hand.

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Damn dude glad you are ok. I feel your pain I have broken both my collar bone, and a rib. Hurts and nothing you can really do. Both of mine were on bikes too. Collarbone on a dirtbike, and rib on a BMX. Damn two wheeled vehicles

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i have never broke either bone, someone told me to never break a collar bone, its the worst bone to break as far as pain goes. before we got the hospital (no pain killers), the pain was quite bearable. right now its about a 4 on a scale from 1 to 10, just when i move just right it goes to about a 8.

this is the second bone i broke, and i still havn't had a cast. the first one was when i was 13 i broke my left shoulder, doctor described it as poping the ice cream off the cone. it healed perfectly on its own with no cast. since then i han't really hurt my self on a bike, and as my dad says, i crash all the time.

it sucks that i can't really do anything about it. the hospital doesn't use a clavical brace anymore.

4. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear about your crash. I am right-handed and had extensive surgery to my right arm a few years ago. It was hard to have to do nearly everything left-handed, but you will be amazed at how quickly you adapt.

Good luck learning to wipe your butt lefty :haha: