Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It's amazing how a simple thing like..............

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by BurbinOR, Mar 21, 2004.

1. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

It\'s amazing how a simple thing like..............

..........an ignition module can almost ruin your day. Was on my way to Oysterville (out by Long Beach) Friday night, following my father in law in his Cummins. Burb dies at Padden Expressway...............I mean dead. No start, has fuel, figured it's the module. He towed me with strap to my brother in law's house, half hour later we have it running. $40 part.............remind me to keep a spare in the glove box. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Re: It\'s amazing how a simple thing like..............

[ QUOTE ]
    remind me to keep a spare in the glove box.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok....keep a spare in the glove. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif j/k glad it was a simple fix. Mine are never usually that easy. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

yup i got bit by one of those on a hot summer day going swimming at the foot bridge on the wilson river.. what really made it suck was some people drove by in a bronco and yelled "Put some oil in it" just to flick me [darn] haha... Lucky you had somone with ya frank /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

hey at least it wasn't a blown fuse under the middle of the dash that you spend all day trying to track down at a gas station in tillamook /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. T-ROY

T-ROY 1/2 ton status

I had a fuse-link blow in my old Blazer right as I got on the I-5 bridge going to Portland. No power to anything, including hazard lights. Of course I was alone, on my way to work, so no spotter. I spent 20 minutes fixing it just knowing that somebody was going to roll along not paying attention (Like me), and cream the back of the truck with me under the hood. All I could think about was what injuries I would sustain in a rear end collision between a parked Blazer and a Semi truck doing 60 mph. It worked out fine, and I was on my way, but it did scare the crap out of me.

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    hey at least it wasn't a blown fuse under the middle of the dash that you spend all day trying to track down at a gas station in tillamook /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen to that bro.........I still get nightmares from that episode. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

7. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

ah no big deal it was fun in its own way /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

8. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Been there and done that once! It friggin drove me crazy for a day. It happened to me while traveling through Texas on I-40. I keep a spare in the glovebox too now!
    Bill

9. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

dont get me started on simple cheap fixes ruining my day, or, year for that matter /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif