Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It's Amazing.......

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jimmyjack, Jan 29, 2003.

1. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

It\'s Amazing.......

What a brand new flexplate makes the blazer feel like instead of an old busted POS like I had in my blazer. The center about fell out of it when I removed it. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

2. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Re: It\'s Amazing.......

i agree 100% and the same happened to me twice now. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Bought good car cheap cause it had knock in motor.Flex plate was broke in sort of star pattern causing knock.Friend was going to sell 73 K5 cause of knock.One bolt was gone from T C .Should have bought it before I /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif fixed it.

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

A guy that used to work for me bought a 90-something Z28 Camaro for $800, because it had a "bad transmission". The rest of the car was pretty nice. He towed it home then started to pull out the tranny. Then he noticed that the torque converter would spin, without the flexplate moving. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif So he installed 3 new torque converter bolts and had a nice ride for cheap! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif