Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It's at the exhaust shop

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big pappa b, Nov 21, 2003.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

It\'s at the exhaust shop

Just took the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif to get some duals put on. Didn't get to drive it down because there was some issue with neighbors and cops..blah blah blah /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    So I had it towed on a flatbed truck. The shop is only 6 miles from my house sowm backroads and this tow truck driver was losing me around the corners /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif All I could think about was my K5 flying off around some corner.
    The guy does great work , when he's sober /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif and he's cutting me a sweet deal to boot. Since I haven't even drove the truck since installing the motor, the first drive was getting it into the garage. Clutch wasn't quite adjusted. It would barely pull itself. The open headers and big rpm's to move it must have please the neighborhood and 9am this morning /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    So I get to adjust the clutch a bit so I can drive it home later, right after I buy him a case of Keystone light

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

Re: It\'s at the exhaust shop

nice! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

i cant wait to have duals put onto the 83, since it is 3/4 ton and factory never installed a cat on it, i should have little trouble having duals put on once i explain that certain GVW ratings and heavier didnt get catytic converters
    how to explain i dont know yet, i need to find something to print that shows the GVW ratings and equipment instaleld or not installed. i have seen such listing on the net somewhere, forgot where though

good luck with your exhaust /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    i cant wait to have duals put onto the 83, since it is 3/4 ton and factory never installed a cat on it, i should have little trouble having duals put on once i explain that certain GVW ratings and heavier didnt get catytic converters

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not true. By 1980, ALL Chevy trucks had cats.

If you need someone to bend pipes for you, let me know, it's not a problem. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

not true my 80 k20 also didn't have cats ever or an airpump the only emissions stuff it had was an pcv valve and I bought it from my grandfather and he bought it brand new it WAS all origanal when i bought it

5. big pappa b

Well mine doesn't have cat's on it either, before or now /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. big pappa b

[​IMG] [​IMG] Got it home and it sounds great. Total price was $130 plus a 30pk of Keystone Light /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    From the headers I have 4ft straight pipe on each side into into dual Cherry Bomb Turbos. I thought the bend thru the crossmember around the T-case would be tight be it looks like it was made to fit there. I have turndowns just in front of the rear axle. It's for sure not any louder than my Chevelle I used to drive everyday that was setup the same. Now to figure out my clutch problem /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif