Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It's been a LONG time...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Shawn, Aug 21, 2002.

1. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

It\'s been a LONG time...

Since I posted anything here. I've been going through some hard times with a divorce and to be honest, I wasn't too sure if I'd get to keep the Blazer. It's not going anywhere though and I FINALLY it going again last weekend (damn head gaskets). Really looking forward to this weekend in Moab and I hope to see some old faces along with the new. I'm still on a frantic pace trying to finish a few things that should of already been done. Just wanted so hello to everyone.

2. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

Re: It\'s been a LONG time...

I've been wondering what happened to you, even though I don't know you. I was really into reading the write-ups on different products you were using on PotentRodent, and I was impressed by them. Impressed enough to do some of the same things to my truck, they were good articles, and then the Off-road.com site seemed to run a little dry on those kinds of articles. Well, glad ya got ta keep the Blazer, its really sharp.

Never been married myself, but my girlfriend and I split up in February after being together 5 years, and I'm still feeling the pain, can't seem to get her out of my head. It's getting better though, and it will for you too.

Hang in there, hope to see more of your ride, good luck!

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Whoa! Hey Shawn, you should make a post over on ORC when you get a chance, it would be like rising from the grave, as far as some over there are concerned... Good to see you didn't fall off the face of the earth! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif </font color>

4. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

welcome back /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Shawn!! Welcome back... sorry to hear about your troubles, but glad you posted up!

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Ahhh...finally good to see you back here again!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

We had a thread some time back asking if anyone knew where you were. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif We had heard about your divorce and the trouble over on the ORC site (don't know the whole story on that, if its true). Also heard you had "given up" on trucks and was working on a Camaro. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Anyways, just great to have you back finally. I was tempted so many times to send you an e-mail just to check on you, but for some reason, I just didn't do it. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

WELCOME BACK "HOME"!!! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

7. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Welcome back bud............ /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

What happened with the 496? Blown head gaskets?

8. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

hey welcome back...last we had heard the Rodent was pretty much gone and you were building a camaro/firebird of some sort...

Later

9. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

long time for sure...glad to hear you made it out alive. look forward to seeing you around.

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Welcome back Shawn!!! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

I guess Resurrection Joe is gonna have to change his signature now... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Have fun in Moab and don't become a stranger again!

Rene

11. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Too Long!! /forums/images/icons/blush.gif
    Welcome back Shawn! Like the others, I've wondered from time to time how you were doing. Glad to hear you're getting back to wheeling! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif .....somewhere I hope to be in a few months time! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Take Care &amp; Best of Luck

12. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Good to hear from you, and I hope things will get better for ya!

13. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Good to here from yah! Welcome back /forums/images/icons/smile.gif.
    I told Fox to tell you Hello, a few times. Wondering how you were doing. Hang in there. Take care bro.
    Boss

14. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Dude, I bet you got mail... LOL

Are you still doing the ORC thing. I am a little here and a little there. Not much has changed except more people have left. Go figure. Glad you got to keep the K5, drop me an email sometime.

Depdog

15. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Hay guy glad to see you poke your head in! Hay Wheeling buddies are buddies for life. Stick your head in more often!
    Been there done that with the big "D". It's rough it get's better though.

16. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Shawn! Good to see you are bouncing back. I'ts been a while since I have talked to you. As a matter of fact, Ken and I talked about you just yesterday - wondering what you were up to. So, glad to see you are still kicking. Lots of things have changed for me too. I'll call you sometime and chat. Still work where you did? If so, I have your number.

Later,

Neil

17. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

I appreciate the welcome back! Hope to be around here and ORC more often. The copper head gaskets leaked the first day I had the 496 running but not until you were up at 4k+ rpm. They finally gave up completely when I dyno'd it in Jan. I'll never use copper again (long story). Yes, the rumor is correct, I got into the fast cars again so the Blazer was put on the back burner plus with the divorce, I wasn't sure if I was going to have to sell it or not (definitely a no as of now). I picked up an 02 TA WS6 which currently dyno's 335rwhp, 351rwtq STOCK! THe LS1 motor is very efficient. What sucks is I ordered and pre-paid for an ATI Supercharger/intercooler, CNC ported heads, and custom ground cam back in March from a local speed shop here in Denver and the parts still haven't arrived. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif As for the Blazer goes, I'm real close to getting the Doubler in. I dropped off the 400 tranny back in Feb and they are just now finishing it. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif I was hoping to get the Doubler done before Moab but it's not going to happen. I'm currently looking for a new rear bumper like Steve's. I know Tim (butch) makes some decent stuff so I'll be talking to him this weekend. My off-road.com email works sometimes. I don't know whats wrong but I keep losing messages so if one of you has emailed me, please email me again. I get so much spam/crap that I delete alot of it daily. It's great to see the familar names again. Thanks again guys!

18. Re: It\'s been a LONG time...

Hey Shawn I'm glad to see you are still alive and kickin' !! Sorry to hear about the hard times, it happens to the best of us. Take care !

19. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Welcome back, glad things are getting cleared up. Looks like I'll get to meet you this weekend.

20. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Shawn buddy long time no hear. The last time I heard from you was way back when we all first started useing the chat room like 2 years ago. You need to spread some more of your anti eco-nazi stuff like you used to.