Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It's been a while...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by pvfjr, Dec 27, 2004.

1. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Anyone with a distributor?

I haven't been around much lately, and am a little confused now that I'm back, what happened to the site? My poor truck has just been sitting since Oct, and even has a flat now. I was feeling kinda guilty about all the neglect, so I tried to revive it, but I've got problems. It sounds like it's missing pretty bad. It proably needs a good tune up, but last time I was into that distributor, I think I remember things being pretty bad. It seemed like the weights and springs for the advance were shot - thing never has run quite right. Should I just toss in a new distributor? Does anyone have a decent one sitting around? I'd really like to get this thing running smoothly, but it's hard to get the carb tuned when I think I'm having ignition problems.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2004
  2. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

i prolly have one...but couldnt tell ya where it is...just moved...and my shop is a huge mess....

3. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Well I'm probably gonna try out the standard old tune up stuff, so we'll see how that goes. It might take a little more than that though. Let me know if you happen to run across it.