Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

its been a while

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tecton, Aug 12, 2005.

1. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

since i posted here

dont know if anyone remembers me but i used to own this guy
    [​IMG]
    86k5, 350, headers, edlebrock carb, dual exhaust, 33x12.5's bla bla bla

anywho, january 1st of this year i traded it in for a 2003 pontiac vibe awd....

sure its nice to get 30mpg highway and the front and rear indipendant suspension with the 380lb springs i added makes is very "pooppantsable" around turns

its definately better in snow though...when you weigh only 2800lbs sliding doesnt seem as deadly, lol

I bought this car cause at the time i worked 1 day a week and made just enough to pay for the truck itself...i was always barrowing money ect, well i saw this car sitting on a lot, had some miles on it, but you couldnt beat the deal, so i got it, actually saved money each month.

Then, no sooner did i get the car to save money did i start working full time. Now i have loads of money to spend on what...this little station wagon? Dont get me wrong, springs wide tires allow me to throw this thing over .8g's into corners doing 60-70mph, its very fun to drive....

but every now and then i miss that sound, v8 glasspacks sound, i miss the 500-3500rpm torque, this little car doesnt even want to move til 4000

anyways, point is, im thinking about getting a blazer again and tossing my money into it instead of this car. The main deciding point for me was when i was actually contemplating spending 2000$ for a supercharger for this car, that would only add about 40hp. I had to stop and think...."what the hell"

anywho
    just stopping in to see whats going on, missing 4Lo, lol

2. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

Buy another K5 and NEVER look back.

3. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

i put a supercharger on a vibe here where i work. let me know if you change your mind about the supercharger. gm doesnt recommend the supercharger for awd models. and you HAVE to run 91-93 octane.

ryan

4. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

yeah gm doesnt recomend alot of stuff

if i cant get the super charger for less than 1800 im not interested, its 40hp, its not worth it

5. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

Pray for forgiveness... you've commited a ck5 sin. :D :haha:

Seriously tho, get an 87 or up... Theres no reason to go carb unless you want to make 450 hp on a budget and you'll lose alot of that power in the mountains.

6. 1-bad-burb

1-bad-burb Registered Member

where are you at in WV??? I'm in Wayne, about 8 miles south of Huntington, let me know where your at maybe when you get another K5 we can get together and do some wheelin :D

7. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

im in beckley

im thinking about getting another k5
    i miss the smell of gas

8. 1-bad-burb

1-bad-burb Registered Member

I prefer diesel :wink1:

9. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

No kidding, I remember you...been a while. Good to see you coming back! :waytogo: