Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Its been aproved ***OPNING DAY ANNOUNCED***

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by joez, Jan 23, 2004.

1. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Cliffs ORV park in Marseille's has been approved by the villiage and will be opening as soon as they can. They are going to need help with putting up the fence first, then cutting trails later down the road. This could be a great opportunity for some real good wheeling that is real close to home. The park will be only about a 1/2 hour from my driveway to the entrance. How cool will this be!

Anybody here up for a little volunteer work to help get this place open? I know i will be there except when i have a tourney to play, and those are few and far between, and only on sundays. More info is being posted here

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

Re: Its been aproved

does that mean that i can stay at your house when i come down to play? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

Where is Marseille, north, south, central?

5. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Its right along I-80, a little bit more eastern than it is central. Here is a map.

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

hell that's prob 45 min for me...any other info on the park? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Not to much more info, other than it will start out as 350 acres. I dont know if it will expand later, i heard rumors of it being larger, but i didnt take them too seriously. You know how internet rumors can be. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

8. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I just wrote a quick message offering my assistance with starting the park any way I can. We'll see if I get a response.

-Dan

9. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    I just wrote a quick message offering my assistance with starting the park any way I can. We'll see if I get a response.

-Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

""""Come in Car Twenty Two... Come in Car Twenty Two... Do you Read Me?.... Do you Need My Assistance?..."""

10. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

Any info on what the terrain is like, difficulty-wise? Will there be on-site camping? I take it it will be pay-to-ride? Thanks.

11. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Any info on what the terrain is like, difficulty-wise? Will there be on-site camping? I take it it will be pay-to-ride? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really sure quite yet. The trail planning hasnt even really begun yet. I know that this week they are startting to gps some stuff in, and really check out the possibilities of the park. Ill keep updating this as i get fed information.

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You guys better be prepared for MUD. My friend's land where I flopped my rig is less than a mile from there. The mud is deep, but it's a total blast. If you don't like mud, this is NOT the place for you.

It's spelled Marseilles BTW, it's 30 miles west of Joliet. Ilini State Park is right nearby, as are a number of campgrounds. My mom lives 3 miles from there too in case anyone breaks their junk. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

The exit is just a hair over 30 miles from me, I cant wait.

Im not to sure why i put an apostrophe in there, but apparently i did.

Its not supposed to be too muddy, there are spots, but thats not all that will be there. I dont really care what it turns out to be, it will just be nice to have somwhere so close to wheel.

14. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Good news!

Marseilles is only about 110 miles from me, well within driving distance! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Well damn if you guys were all up for a run I would have set one up in Marseilles a long time ago, my friend has a huge farm with tons of trails, but most of you guys are anti-mud.

16. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    but most of you guys are anti-mud.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not I!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

17. chebywanna

chebywanna 1/2 ton status

i love mud, just a little traction challanged with my stock 94, and 77 aint no where ready. if anyone feels like dragging me around i would be in. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

18. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Work started today, and the report is there is some good terain out there. (i wasnt there). heres one report:
    [ QUOTE ]
    We cleared a couple downhills and marked them, figured out where some of the property lines are, and where the major trails will be. This terrain is pretty tough (cooter almost wound up ugly side up). Very heavily wooded, a long creek, very hilly, plenty of ravines that will make nice off camber obstacles, and even some rocks under the nasty stuff. This will make one NICE park.

We will need some hand saws, tree pruners, chainsaws, and PEOPLE willing to work. The terrain is very rough, the snow doesn't help so at least two winches in every group will almost be mandatory. Lockers front and rear are also a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

and here is the reply from the trailmaster of the park:
    [ QUOTE ]
    With more snow on it's way this week it's going to be a real challenge to get anywhere in the park. We turned all the uphills and downhills to ice trying to get around. The ground is frozen. The trails are new. The snow doesn't help. We had some body damage, broken windows, tire problems, and even a bent leaf spring. Anyone bringing their truck out to help move people around should be locked and have at least MT's or better. Each group will have at least 2 winches also.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds good!

19. K30CJ

K30CJ 1/2 ton status

Sounds like fun to me. I've helped on some trails at the Badlands, and it's a good kind of work. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Snow makes it even better. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

If ya wanna help. Be there 9 am this Saturday. I'm going to be there!!! Plus a nice thing i have is that I work less than a mile away from the park on the weekends!! I actually drive by the entrance to get to my work!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif You bet yer sweet a$$ that I'm going to be driving my rig to work just to go wheeling after work!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Its right off RT 6 between Marseilles and Seneca.