Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

it's been one year

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Dec 4, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

it\'s been one year

It has been 1 year, since December 4th 2003 since I came home after school to hear the news from my parents that my dad had 3 brain tumours, and lung cancer that the doctors pronouced terminal /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    My life has changed so much, we're now looking for houses to move into next year, to downsize because this house is too much work for us with my mom working, and my sister and I at school 5/7 days of the week. I still can't believe this happened. It still doesn't seem real. I still get emotional when I think about him. He meant so much to me, if I could go back a year, I would tell him so much, I never thought of telling him. For me, he was the greatest father I could ask for. He taught me so much for my future. He influenced me, and guided me. He did everything a father could, and more. I have so many memories I will charish for the rest of my life. I never thought this would happen to me, but it did. I can still remmeber my dad in the kitchen, with my mom and sister, talking about what is going to happen. I can stil remember 5 months and 21 days later, when he died in his bedroom, with my mom, me, the doctor, and the homecare nurse at his side. I can still remember the last week of his life, heart wrenching for me to even come in to see him. I can still remember the pervious 3 summers before this summer, getting firewood with him. Learning about nature, and what happens. Exploring the wilderness with him in the passenger seat. I can still remember me and him spending a week working on the Jimmy to fix it. I can still remember my dads jokes about how he will always be stronger than me. I will ALWAYS remember his love.
    This is all I can right, the pain in my heart is strong.

2. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Re: it\'s been one year

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gifI feel your pain. September 21st, 2003 my Dad was killed in a car wreck. But, as long as you keep him in your memories, he will never truly be gone. Good luck with the Holidays, they can be a rough time of year when you are missing a loved one, especially that first one. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Sorry to hear the loss of your father too. It's tough /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i hear ya steve, although my dad is still here, my grandfather is gone. he's more of an influence on who i am today than my dad is. i've always been interested in anything automotive related, but until my grandpa stepped in and let me get my hands dirty, i never thought in a million years that it would go this far. almost every Sunday from the time i was 10, until i was about 17, my grandpa and i would be doing something in the garage. learned so much from him, and the more i look back on it, the more i realize that i never let him know how much i really appreciated it. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    He meant so much to me, if I could go back a year, I would tell him so much, I never thought of telling him

[/ QUOTE ]

i know what it is like to no longer have a family member by your side. belive me on this. sometimes i wish certian things never happend. just remember this. you have the memories. they are worth a lifetime.

i wish you well, im sure his passing has made you srtonger in a few ways as well. keep your head up, and im sorry he is no longer with you and your family.
    Grant