Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Its Broke Again!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigBlazer90, May 1, 2003.

1. BigBlazer90

BigBlazer90 Registered Member

Okay my truck was sputtering and bogging down real low at any speed and when i let it sit in park or neutral it would sometimes bogg down real low like it wanted to die. So i replaced the module b/c the engine was back firing when it did this. Well the problem went away for about 4 days then today the same problem is back, i still haven't touched the fuel filter or checked the idle throttle body. Service engine light has not came on. I don't know what else to do help!

2. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I'd check the air passage around the Idle Air Control. They get restricted with gunk sometimes, not super common, but an easy check. If you haven't done a fuel filter lately it couldn't hurt any. May want to check fuel pressure while you're there (problem doubtful because it happens at idle). Has the vehicle ever had a coil put on it?? They don't last as long as the old big cap HEI units did. A while back we had a Blazer come in that had bounced around from shop to shop with funky idle problems before we got it and it turned out to have a bad pickup coil on it, so you may want to check it out. I don't want to insult you if you know this, but it is the unit with the green and white wires that hooks to the back of the ignition module. Check the resistance between the wires should be around 750ohms (if I recall correctly). I only use AC Delco/GM parts in those distributors. If you need a pickup coil it is a Delco # D1987. They may tell you that you need a D1987A "pole piece" to go with it, you can if you want, but it is not necessary. Good luck./forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif