Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Its coming

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by pauly383, Jan 12, 2007.

1. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

On Dec. 12, 2006, EPA signed a proposed approval of the exemptions [​IMG]. The proposed approval [​IMG] was published in the Federal Register on Dec. 28, 2006. Proposed EPA actions are also subject to public review and comment. EPA then responds to any comments received and publishes a final action. Final EPA action on the exemption request is expected by the second quarter of 2007.So I guess I will see about making my Blazer a collectible , for use with special club events ( Ck5 and loco off road wheeling trips ) and call my insurance agent and get the insurance changed accordingly .

My Chevelle gets done immediately after passing , its a no brainer on that one :wink1:

Almost here ( but I pass emisisons anyway ) :bow:

This may actually help TJ and Allan out :p:

2. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

The pinko's have infiltrated AZ government too, eh :mad: :( ?!

3. pauly383

Whats wrong with exempting a very small minority of vehicles on the road . All my chit is good for passing either way , saves me a few trips and a bunch of fees when you own several vehicles , whats wrong with it ?

4. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

I was refering to the fact they are finally 'approving an exemption blah, blah, blah', now!

My point: That should have been done years ago.
    Even when I was in CA they've been doing that for as long as I can remember.

Sorry; I should have made my point clearer :o .

5. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Funny thing is, after the New Years emissions testing is no longer required for gas powered vehicles around here. Not sure that's all of Colorado or just this neck of the woods. :dunno:

6. pauly383

No biggie , I should of gotten it from context , but ya never know with forums online :thumb:

7. Jason4x4

Jason4x4 1/2 ton status

How do you get a collectible status? Historic vehicle is 25 yrs or olser right? is it the same thing?

8. pauly383

Not exactly . See the bill text passed by our legislature :

Z. FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS SECTION, "COLLECTIBLE VEHICLE" MEANS A VEHICLE THAT COMPLIES WITH BOTH OF THE FOLLOWING: 1. EITHER:
    (a) BEARS A MODEL YEAR DATE OF ORIGINAL MANUFACTURE THAT IS AT LEAST FIFTEEN YEARS OLD.
    (b) IS OF UNIQUE OR RARE DESIGN, OF LIMITED PRODUCTION AND AN OBJECT OF CURIOSITY.
    2. MEETS BOTH OF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
    (a) IS MAINTAINED PRIMARILY FOR USE IN CAR CLUB ACTIVITIES, EXHIBITIONS, PARADES OR OTHER FUNCTIONS OF PUBLIC INTEREST OR FOR A PRIVATE COLLECTION AND IS USED ONLY INFREQUENTLY FOR OTHER PURPOSES.
    (b) HAS A COLLECTIBLE VEHICLE OR CLASSIC AUTOMOBILE INSURANCE COVERAGE THAT RESTRICTS THE COLLECTIBLE VEHICLE MILEAGE OR USE, OR BOTH, AND REQUIRES THE OWNER TO HAVE ANOTHER VEHICLE FOR PERSONAL USE.

9. Jason4x4

Jason4x4 1/2 ton status

I might be able to pull that off.

10. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

When i was getting my diesel emmissions a few weeks ago (diesels still need it up there :mad: @ $70 for a test) I was talking to the guy. He said they are gone for now but expects them to be coming back in a few years even tougher then they were. He expects them to be similar to the Denver tests which are stricter & are run on a dyno. So enjoy it for now, cause it isn't going to last in CO most likely.

Harley

11. 1BadK-30

1BadK-30 1/2 ton status

could someone explain what this is? from what iv gatherd if you meet the above requirements you dont need emmission testing?

12. pauly383

Yes , 30 days after it is recorded in the federal register ( which was December 28th BTW , so by the end oif this month its official ) , Arizona will be able to exempt collectible vehicles , vehicles that are for club activites , rare , limited production ...... and even curiosities <----- the curiosity thing would mean since Marv has a VIN number now , he could add lights , get inspected , and tag the treasure beetle without an emissions test :D

I think all of us who have a membership here , some proof of paying our membership via credit card or paypal records , photos and threads about wheeling trips , would qualify under the 15 year old or older AND the club activities rule . You need to meet two requirements .

13. 1BadK-30

1BadK-30 1/2 ton status

ahhh i see thanks abunch paul for clarifying the situation.

14. K5Glazier

K5Glazier 1/2 ton status

Also, from a reliable source (emissions manager), Az is not computer ready for this change and won't be ready until april.
    You may want to call ahead of time as not to waste your time.

Joe

15. pauly383

Cool , I can wait , my truck passes emissions anyway , I treat it better than my ol lady :ignore:

16. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

(b) IS OF UNIQUE OR RARE DESIGN, OF LIMITED PRODUCTION AND AN OBJECT OF CURIOSITY.

thats me!:D :haha:

17. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

Anyone know of a classic insurer that allows a reasonable amount of mileage? I only have one commute per week, and my truck only sees 50 miles per week or so, if that. It will pass, but it would be nice to not have to worry about it.

18. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Some of those insurances are sticky... You can only drive it to a organized event, driving just to and from there, Not to a friends afterwards... Also some don't allow modifications to the vehicals.... so ask many questions when you check into it....

19. pauly383

I don't think this will be much of a problem for the guys who don't need a daily driver out of a classic .

I suggest buying an IFS truck if you want to drive to work everyday ( I got one now goodbye Blazer driven daily ) :D

20. bdozeraz

bdozeraz 1/2 ton status

This is what I found out when I tried to get collecters car insurance on my 67 nova. You can only drive it to and from an event. It can not be left unattended. No joy rides or sunday drives. It can only be driven in good weather and had to be stored in an enclosed and locked garage. Limited modifications and no racing. So I still have regular insurance on it so I can use it.

Brent