Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It's Crunch Time in Allantown

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Apr 22, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

The mud races I host annually are in 3 weeks from this weekend.

I have this weekend and next weekend to clear the field, prepare the pits, line out the areas, and get all the other arrangements squared away.

In 2 weeks in the Moyie Mud Bog in N. Idaho. I have to supervise the quick build of "Swamp thing" before then, as well as get my '80 GMC running.

Getting my GMC running involves pulling the motor in it now, re-camming another motor and putting on heads, throwing that and a 465/205 into the truck, as well as the front springs, front axle, and swapping rear axles.

I have 6 pickup campers/camp trailers to move and position. I have a Crew Cab that needs to be painted, and 3 other vehicles that need to be "finished" so I can sell them, including another Crew cab that needs a motor installed.

I have approximately 25 or more (probably alot more) trade or sale deals going on at the same time right now, which is normal for me at any given time. I am behind on calling people back and getting some things taken care of.

My car trailer needs welding done on it, and taillights again. I need to get to Canada and tow back a Crew Cab that I bought.

My lawn needs to be mowed. I need to make a run to dump off scrap metal and cans for recycling. I need to run another parts ad, and car ads, and sell some stuff. I need to get a motorhome running better and move it from the rental house to up north to Ione.

I have a '70 K5 tp get from a friend's house and a '56 pickup to pick up. I have to go order trophies and pass out fliers for the races. I have to revise our method or recording times, and re-print out all the forms and paperwork.

Same stuff... another year. Someone help me... even as I list all this, I know I'm forgetting a bunch of other stuff that needs to get done. :crazy:

2. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

you are a busy man, to bad i didnt live closer

"will work for crew cab" :D

3. mountainexplorer

I'm gonna need help... :crazy:

I left work early this morning at 9:45 am... it's 7:14 pm and I'm still not completely ready to leave town and head up there yet. Been running around, sorting stuff out, loading stuff, delivering stuff, picking up stuff, returning phone calls, making calls and e-mails, mowing the lawn, getting gas and more all day.

And I was supposed to be up there and have a motor pulled before dark today.

4. dieselponyexpress

dieselponyexpress 1/2 ton status

Excellent!!
    Another chance for a great story :D

Last edited: Apr 24, 2005
  5. gone huntin

gone huntin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You either need a few more hours in the day, or you need to call "Clones-R- Us"!!!! :D

6. mountainexplorer

I sure could use a clone. Frankly, I'm so far behind, I really don't know how things are going to get done that NEED to get done.