Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It's Done... and pictures

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Vetteman61, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Vetteman61

Vetteman61 Registered Member

Thanks to everyone for the weeks and weeks and weeks of help. After all was done, I got in and my driver window shattered all over me for NO reason... I didn't slam it or anything... then... after the window.. my started went out... I guess the ole 87's mad about sitting in that field for 8 months while i looked for a replacement rear end.. anyway.. here's a couple pictures.. one of me just sitting in a shallow creek after I first took it out and the 2nd of my truck next to my friend Nate's... Mine's got a 4 inch lift... his makes mine look like a Luv Truck...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Very cool pic - I like your truck - but I have to say - I love your buddy's! How big of a lift & tires on your friend's truck?

3. Disturban

Disturban 1/2 ton status

Gratz man ! always nice to get 'em rollin' again.

4. 1990k5fan

1990k5fan 1/2 ton status

Ditto

5. Vetteman61

Nate's tires.... and mine

I believe..... reaching to the very depths of my poor, poor memory... that they are 38's on 8 inches of lift....
    I also forgot to add, I know my 32's are far too small, but they were free and had tons of tread of them... so until they wear out or I come into a large amount of gratuitous money falling from the heavens... I'm just going to drive my rolling Picasso as is.

6. BillyL

BillyL Registered Member

That 2nd pic would make a very cool desktop wallpaper

7. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

cool beans buddy, awesome. that second pic is now my backround.

do you have a bigger version of the second pic?

8. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

dude your truck is really nice! i likeyours better than the other one for sure. and dude those all-t's are gonna last forever! if i were you id sell em and put it into some 35's maybe. what did you replace your rearend with? another stocker? it looks real good!

9. K-5 Bomber

K-5 Bomber 1/2 ton status

Both trucks look, but what I'm really impressed by is the photo quality of that second pic. Was that a natural effect of the night light or was there some special photoshop magic that was applied?

10. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

maybe a long exposeure or something like that.

11. K-5 Bomber

Perhaps...but how about that orange hue in the photo?

12. vortec

vortec 1/2 ton status

they don't look bad, imo. i'm about to do a 4" lift and 33x12.5s on mine, and i hope it looks fairly similar to yours.

13. Vetteman61

Photos

Yeah, it's a stocker 12 bolt rear end that I finally found through a guy that works with he. He crushed a 78 4x4 and kept the rear end out for some reason. It turned out to be a limited-slip, which was a bonus... unfortunately....it's a 3:08... which is what I had to start with obviously to match the front... I wanted to get a pair of 3:73's so hard and finally got tired of looking. One day, one sweet day, he'll (The Blazer) have a nice set of 12 or 14 bolt 3:73's and some 33 or 35's to boot. After I finally put my degree to use and quit AutoZone, that is.
    That's the largest I have of that picture... I have several other pictures. On the 2nd picture, I didn't use photo shop. I have several different pictures that I took at that square. For this particular one, I didn't set the white balance and made sure to not use a flash. Because the lamps on the square are have an orange hue, the long exposure lets the light bleed throughout the shot. I have a few more pictures with the white balance and with shorter shutter speeds, but I like the orangish effect. You absolutely have to sit the camera on something when taking these longer exposures though... even simply turning the flash off makes the shutter stay open just long enough that human hands can't hold it steady enough. Here's a couple other pics I took of my Caprice and Cadillac.

No Photshop on anything. I may have cropped it. I had to balance the camera on a lawnchair and a waterpump (the only 2 things in my trunk).
    [​IMG]

I didn't have ANYTHING to put the camera on, so I had to hold it for this one taken in downtown Nashville, so it's not very clear.
    [​IMG]

I used a propane tank to set the camera on this one. Sometime's I borrow my friends camera, which is crazy awesome, but usually I have to use my 100 dollar fuji, which doesn't take the clearest pictures in the world... and has NO SETTINGS...
    [​IMG]

Here's another pic on the square with the white balance set, with the camera sitting in a chair I found on the sidewalk.
    [​IMG]

I don't really know a whole lot about photography; I just got my camera last year, but I like playing around with it.

14. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

LOVE - your pictures man - they are awesome!

15. K-5 Bomber

You may not "know" a lot about photorgaphy; however, you seem to have an intuitive knack for it. Your selection for angles, backgrounds and lighting is very good. You should consider taking up a side buisness & see where that leads you to. You know Americans and their vehicles: they're always looking for some new way to spend money on them. Especially if it means that we get to show them off!

16. 1990k5fan

1990k5fan 1/2 ton status

Your blazer is cool but your friends is sweet. That is almost exactly how I want to run mine. :]. Right now I'm running 4" lift with 33" and it is too small :P.

Oh well, good luck on your wheeling.