Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

its done.............I hate ck5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 99firehawk, Oct 25, 2003.

1. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

darn! ck5 for giving me all these ideas, and a mental image of what I wanted my truck to be. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

About 4 months ago I pulled my truck into the drive way for some "freshing." I bought the truck last december it came with 250k miles on it a very tired and leaky 350, no heat, a leakey radiator, a 6 inch lift and dry rotted 31x10.5s and a real mean brake pull.
    I drove it threw the winter (after fixing the heat) and kept telling myself I was gonna fix it.............eventually.
    Well I pulled it in to the garage to just r&r the motor,this is the list of what got changed.
    1. new gm crate motor
    2. 35x12.50s bfg at tas
    3. new blocks in rear to replace home made ones
    4. new bushing in springs
    5. new shackles
    6. new u joints
    7. new brakes on all 4 corners
    8. new calipers
    9. new brakes hoses
    10. new headman headers
    11. new exhuast with thrush mufflers
    12. new wiring under hood
    13. new optima battery
    14. new battery cables
    15. new alternator
    16. new electric fans
    17. new vanner invertor under seat
    18. new B&m torque convertor
    19. new B&M trans cooler and lines
    20 new griffen radiator
    21. new headlight and wiper switchs
    22. new dash lights
    23. new tailgate straps
    24. new speedo cable
    25. new shocks
    26. My new steel bumpers and tire carrier when I get around to finishing them.

But on another note, thanks for all the help and advice, I really love my "new" truck and its a lot of fun and I cant wait to go get it buried. The only thing I am /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif about is the 49.73 it took to fill it up. But oh well the price we pay for fun. Ill try to post some pictures tonight.

2. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

THEY ARE NEVER DONE!!!

But its cute that you think it is right now, good job /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 99firehawk

Done.............

means its mobile under its own power and can make beer runs .

4. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    THEY ARE NEVER DONE!!!

But its cute that you think it is right now, good job /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO, he said "cute" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Done...temorary condition used to keep insanity at bay. Also used to keep significant other from divorcing you. "Done" is known to last no more than a few months before it's no longer considered "Done". "Done" is what you will be if any of this is ever made known to your significant other...

My truck has been "Done" at least a dozen times in the last 7 years. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Rene

6. 99firehawk

there is always the d60/14 swap to do......

7. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

what that is it??????????? -------

you got off cheap /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Done...temorary condition used to keep insanity at bay. Also used to keep significant other from divorcing you. "Done" is known to last no more than a few months before it's no longer considered "Done". "Done" is what you will be if any of this is ever made known to your significant other...

My truck has been "Done" at least a dozen times in the last 7 years. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Rene

[/ QUOTE ]

"If it's truely done, it's for sale."
    --Anon

9. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    what that is it??????????? -------

you got off cheap /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Did you really just say that? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    -Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

10. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I do not think there is such a thing as being "Done

11. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

my definition of done..
    replace all body panals that need replacing..(in my situation..box, cab corners,rockers, driver fender

poly mounts with a 3" body lift

5" suspension

exhuast i REALLY want..hooker headers, with dual 2.25 with flowmaster 40's

38" tsl's

1 tons

4:56

454 or 350 w/ 4 speed + 205

sand blasted and painted frame, axles, and suspension

hahahah boy that'll never happen! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Done. Yeah I'll be done as soon as I replace the 1tons with 404's, the 36's to 53's, change the 4 inch to a 4 link, the 350(375hp) to a 502(500hp), from doubler to a double doubler, change the light bar to a roll cage, outfit with scuba gear, install a flux capacitor, change out the muffler bearings, drink more beer, add a winch to my winch, 2 hilift jacks aren't enough need one more, fabricate about 6 more sets of bumpers till I'm happy, go back to a tape deck to avoid skipping, get rid of holegen lights and install HID's, add a 5th wheel (because I can), uninstall the $39 bucket seats and install the $49 buckets, cut a couple more holes in my console for more James Bond crap, take off my doors and make half doors out of them, replace the doors I just screwed up on, swap out my tranny about 10 more times, mount the radiator in the back, add more batteries, put the radiator back up front cause antifreeze hurts like hell on the neck, change out every u-joint and time myself (I should be at expert statis by now) and then post my times up at CK5, tighten up the rear disk brakes... again, install chrome diff covers (hey every truck needs a lil chrome and come on a rock ain't gonna puncture my diffs nohow, besides the wheels will still turn without oil in the diff... right), come to think about it I need a moon visor.... with lights, change from 53's to 44's (I don't know what the hell I was thinking), take out the $49 driver seat and reinstall the more "broke in" $39 bucket, trade my mix matched bucket seats for a 42" spare w/20% tread..... to be continued

13. 99firehawk

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Its done.............I swear............. but...........I do have this blower sitting here on the shelf that no one wants to buy /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif