Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

it's finally in the 90's WOOHOO

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by boggerless, Jun 8, 2005.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i love it hot. :grin: a customer asked me at work monday"why are you sitting in the sun". CUZ I"VE BEEN WAITING ALL WINTER FOR THIS> :xmas:

2. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

it was reading 95 today on my wifes Tahoe here in Chicago.
    im miserable, i wish it was Autumn already.

3. boggerless

i know i'm in the minorety, but i hate winter. being stuck in the house and all, can,t work on the truck until i broom snow off it. :angry1: then i can't do the work cuz it's too cold. :laugh:

4. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Same here, this sucks. Working on a black truck on a blacktop driveway when its 95* out blows.

I hate the heat. In the winter, when your cold you keep putting clothes on until you are comfortable. In the summer, you keep taking your clothes off and you get arrested for indecent exposure.

5. boggerless

:rotfl: :rotfl: you can only put on so many layers till you can't move.i work out side all year long, i know.we had a little stormy storm move through, now it's about 77.till tommorow.89 for the high. :grin:

6. CammoK5

CammoK5 Registered Member

We hit 120 the other day.

7. docgab

docgab 1/2 ton status Premium Member

typically 87-90 here this time of year. Last two days in the 50's-low 60's and raining. Don't mind not having the heat but i Just took my top off damn it!! lol

8. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

much prefer the summer here. below 40 and i'm worthless. If wet out then below 55 forget going outside. I can live with a 100 degrees though. Don't feel so bad after a day at work

9. boggerless

i'm with you RONNY, i love the heat. my wife HATES it, at work in the winter i wear 7 t shirts and 4 sweatshirts. cuz i HATE wearing a coat.i have the carrhart bibs though.the black lined ones, and i wear sweats under my pants. :D :D :D

10. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i usually don't mind the heat, but right now its too hot. i think it has something to do with wear im working.

last night at 10:30pm the temperature of the bank (we bank the refidgerators to let them cool down after being injected with hot foam, this is where im working in electolux) was 95.2*. it was 91.9 when i went in at 3pm. there are windows open and a few fans blowing. it wouldn't be so bad just to stand around, but im pushing 15-25 refidgerators at a time in the 93* heat. i drink like 2 gallons of water in 8 hours. luckly i have only 3-4 more days before i get moved to something else.

11. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Its FINALLY warm here too!

It hit 90 degrees the past few days here finally!--it rained 27 days in may,and was the coldest on record(matches the winter we had--9 feet of snow and record cold!)...last thursday I went to an outdoor concert to see Rhonda Vincent in CT--it was 48 degrees!...Good thing I hadn't put away my long johns..then 2 days later BAM!--90 + degrees!-and now its supposed to stay hot right thru next week,and humid too..

.I love heat!--I still wore sweatshirts the past 2 days!...I can cool off in the summer,but get me chilled to the bone in the winter and I can NEVER get warm again--my friends think I'm batty for using the wood stove every night in my shop until the past few days,but anything under 65 degrees and I start shivering!...I was born in the wrong side of the country,or too far north I guess..I need to leave this place--cant face another winter like the last one we had again..the spring was a washout too--leaves you about 4 months of "good" weather...sucks here.. :mad: :crazy:

12. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Summer is the best...the girlies start showing some skin!

13. boggerless

WOW,you sound exactly like me. :D :D you.ll be good TJ. your a big guy, you will take over that place. :grin: :grin:

14. boggerless

AND STUFF!!!!!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

15. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

lol, not with them laying off the entire second shift in the end of august, begining of september. then thrid shift is gone 1 month after that with the entire plant closing and moving to mexico by april 06 :mad:

16. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I hear you man!

Gotta love living in a college town :cool1:

17. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Gawd, college towns. Went to Chico last weekend for a Prof's retirement gig. Even with the semester over.....

Anyone know of Engineer type work in Chico? I'm real good at pulling the cord for the horn.....

18. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

winter is total bullcrap, lasts for many months and its cabin fever totally its bad for health in all ways :(

i am SO glad its dry and 90s now, its great, i haet ppl who complain anbout the heat, dont they remember winter ? it was just not too long ago,,.......

needs to be 90s and dry all year round :D

having a mild drought here in central IL, i LOVE it! can be outside and no rain no anything to stop it can actually be outside now :D
    good luck

19. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm dreading the over 100 degree days that are comming. I'd be happy if it'd stay in the 70's year round, but that isn't going too happen around here.