Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It's finally snowing.....The 4x4 is slipping out!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wsudu, Dec 13, 2000.

1. wsudu

wsudu Registered Member

It\'s finally snowing.....The 4x4 is slipping out!!!

Finally in Kansas it's snowing. So I lock em' up and throw the beast in 4 High. It stays in for a couple seconds then the shifter slips out into 2. Under load, not under load....I don't get it, cause no matter what I have to hold it in to stay into 4 high. What's the deal??? Four low is nice and tight, no problems there. Any suggestions? Thanks

By the way...It's a 208 hooked up to a 700r. Nothing else is different..just an 83'

2. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Re: It\'s finally snowing.....The 4x4 is slipping out!!!

Your linkage is most likely off a couple of turns. If you dont have a bodylift, I would check the engine/transmission mounts at the same time. Could also be your bodymounts are loose so the floor moves and "bumps" the shifter out when your truck moves. Get under there with a good light. It's not much space to work so you might want to jack it upp a litle. Then remove the linkage from the shifter. Place the floor shifter in 4hi. Then make sure the transfer "click's" into 4hi. See how the linkage looks. Mine was off 3-4 turns after I did the bodylift. I took the linkage completly off,(No room to work upp there) and adjusted it. Then when I re-installed it it worked fine again.
    Hope this helps.

http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com

3. 82K5

82K5 1/2 ton status

Re: It\'s finally snowing.....The 4x4 is slipping out!!!

try putting it in while your at a stop and back up about 10 feet.

phil