Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It's finished! (almost)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Wingnutt, Feb 24, 2001.

1. Wingnutt

Wingnutt 1/2 ton status

It\'s finished! (almost)

Well here it is (http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1335667&a=9937369&p=41913160) What yer looking at is a ’91 Lincoln Contential sitting on a lifted ’78 J**p Wagoneer chassis. My brother and I have been working on it since early summer. The project actually wasn’t all that hard (when you are working out of a fully equipped garage that is), and I was amazed that 3 of 8 body mounts actually lined up. Personally I think that we should trim the rear finder wells to fit the slightly longer wheelbase, but my bro says that he wants to keep the trunk without hacking it up (his baby, his choice). All of the luxury goodies work except the digital dash (which should be finished in a few weeks) and the electronic climate control (we gotta figure out the control wiring first), but the manual HVAC work just fine. We took it out today to the 4WD club (yes it’s street legal, and we drove it) and had a ball watching all the jaws hit the dirt when folks saw it coming. It was so popular with the kids there that they actually fought to see who got to clean it up. This thing isn’t just show either; it’s locked front and rear, equipped with headers and true duals, a nice cam, an Eldebrock (sp?) intake and carb, a 6” lift, and homemade skid plates in all the critical areas. He plans on putting on 44” boggers this summer along with a much lower set of gears, and a supercharger next summer. Talk about luxury four wheelin’. Adjust the 6 way power, leather seats, crank the stereo, and watch the jaws drop! Wadda day

2. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

Re: It\'s finished! (almost)

Dare to be different! nothing like a cush riding 4X4!

Bigmeats

Carl.....75 Blazer......Manhattan Il

3. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

That is one sweet ride! I love it!

[​IMG]<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch>http://www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch</A>
    My truck beat up your SUV

4. fastzilla

fastzilla Registered Member

I think that can be classified with the next generation of "executive luxury sedans" [​IMG] Great truck, no... car, dough!!!...RIG...[​IMG]
    Eddie

5. Josh

Josh Registered Member

There is something that is just not right about that. Maybe it's the leather seats :-) Anyway, good job.

Josh