Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It's Gonna Be a Sad Day

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I found out yesterday that my backup patrol vehicle is going to the auction block.

The vehicle is a '92/'94 Blazer. When it was new, it was a K-9 vehicle, then once the department started upgrading, it became the "Blizzard Buggy." Since I started, I sort of claimed it for myself when the weather got bad.

This thing still has the old, "the department spent a grand total of $5 on graphics," has a 1967-ish radar unit that sort of works, a lightbar and a radio that I think still has vacuum tubes. Best part about it is that the department bought a set of cheap mud terrains for it. This thing can go. It's slower than two old people screwing, but when the weather got bad or I needed to go somewhere I'd refuse to take the Crown Vic (which isn't very any places :D ), I could depend on this beast.

Since we started buying new patrol units about a year ago, the department is trying keep mileage at 80K miles so we're not using beat up equipment. The Blazer is gonna be sold. :mad:

But I guess I shouldn't worry, because the undersheriff is getting a new Expedition and his old one is going to be the new "Blizzard Buggy." I don't know about you, but it's gonna take me awhile to say goodbye to a casual aquaintance.

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Might make a good second/third vehicle if the bids turn out to be low. I got an Air Force van that belonged to the my NCO club that way.

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

so... buy it....
    Grant

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

No $$$$$$$.

I just acquired a serious upgrade to my arsenal. :D

5. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Sad for you maybe but hopefully someone with solid axle thoughts buys it ;)

Did I tell you that my K5 started life as a Texas border patrol vehicle? Had the mounting hardware for the cage still in it :blush:

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

with the crown vics fire rating i would have used the blazer for everthing.that sucks ,now an expedition. maybe most of the options still work:laugh: my friend mike had a monte carlo that was such a POS the department mechanic refused to work on it! i had a headlight out and leaked oil like a siv. but it was better than using his personal truck for survailance. yea, to bad you couldn't buy it. maybe see if it can be sorta put off until you have the loot.thats if you would want it i guess.

7. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

WHAT WHAT WHAT

8. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

I was just thinking the same thing, R.J.

He won't tell.

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

:D :D :D

I just wish having the sheriff give me about $15K to do whatever I want to it wasn't such a pipedream. :D

One of those evil black rifles that I'm trying to add to my patrol car. Long story though.

10. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I Enjoy Long Stories With Evil Black Rifles !!!

11. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

isnt it nice to have a vehicle that has enough scratches on it that the w/sgt never even comments... "how'd that happen".... I would miss that more than anything

expeditions are gutless too

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

I really don't have to worry about that where I'm at. A certain amount of cosmetic damage is expected to occur. We have an overabundance of wildlife that we have to avoid on a daily basis, usually every couple of months a windshield is getting replaced and my windshield is already nicely pitted.

Speaking of SGT's, we have this one. Love the guy and he can be the first one to back me up if I go wading into the annual national convention of the Hell's Angels (he would probably win). Anyway, this guy makes anal retentive seem like normal behavior, he's that far gone. :D I can guarantee you that you have never, ever seen a cleaner patrol car in your life. He's mainly been on court duty the last few months, but even when I started, I wouldn't have had a problem with dropping a mustard covered hamburger on the floorboard carpet, then picking it up and eating it. Stark contrast to the mini-Sahara desert that resides in my floorboard. :D