Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It's great to be home

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big pappa b, Apr 26, 2003.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

It\'s great to be home

I just wanted to say thanks for all the troop support. I was only gone for 2 1/2 months but it felt like a lifetime. When I left they told me I was going to Jordan. After 2 weeks there I was sitting in Iraq right behind the Marines when they captured Tallil Air Base in Iraq, about 7 miles west of Nasiriyah. Sometimes it was a little scary but safe overall. Living conditions sucked ass. The restrooms were anywhere you wanted to dig a hole /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Towards the end our only real fears were the scorpionss and camel spiders. Of course I talked with some people that were they to search and destroy chem/bio/nuclear weapons. He said they were definitely there. In fact, the base we were at was one of the Iraqi weapons storage facilities. Seemed like they were always blowing up weapons they found. I can't go into great detail but again, "It sure is good to be home and have hot meals and showers!!!"

2. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Re: It\'s great to be home

I was watching CNN the other day. They were showing all the different troops coming home. I actually got goose bumps. It is sure nice to see some of our guys/gals coming home after serving our country. THANK YOU!!! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Welcome home! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Welcome Home, brother. Glad ya made it safely back. I thank you for the service, as do we all! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

"So Glad You Made It" /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif How's the weather? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif Welcome home /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif I know you can't go into ant details, but can you say if any of the no no's have been positivally found ???

9. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Welcome Home /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Thanks for doing such a wonderful job. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif Hope you can get a little much needed rest. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

10. big pappa b

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif Welcome home /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif I know you can't go into ant details, but can you say if any of the no no's have been positivally found ???

[/ QUOTE ]
    I didn't personally see them but one of the guys that was there to dispose of them said they were and he would have to be there for at least another 4 months helping to dispose of them

11. big pappa b

[ QUOTE ]
    "So Glad You Made It" /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif How's the weather? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    The weather actually wasn't too bad. The hottest it got while I was the was 103..but it was a dry heat /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

12. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Welcome back..Job well done /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Big thanks Brother. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

14. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Welcome back.

"Camel Spiders scare me too /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif"

-Brian /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

15. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Welcome home.

Good to be back, I'm sure.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

16. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Welcome home, and thank you! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

17. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

19. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

right on good to see you back home nice and safe /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

20. ChevyDrivnRdneck

ChevyDrivnRdneck 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the service for freedom!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif Glad you made it home safe!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif